Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-04-2007, 10:11 PM

Default If you park at the church near the jail...

I was at the church today and noticed (and picked up) a few pieces of litter in the parking lot near where some of us parked. I'm confident that we'll all pick up after ourselves, but I just wanted to suggest that if you see something in the lot or in their grassy area, take a minute and pick it up. It doesn't matter who put it there... all of us visitors (fly fishermen, spin fishermen, workers, etc) will get painted with the same brush. But if we are seen to be folks that will go that extra mile, maybe we will get the benefit of the doubt if there ever are any problems.

The church is awfully nice to let us park and fish there when they aren't having events, and I'd hate to see that put in jeopardy. If we all make a point to police the area and are seen doing it, I think it will help the church members view us as good visitors.

My editorial... thanks for reading.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:29 AM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please listen to what Kingstonian has posted. It is a blessing that we are able to park in their lot with no problems. Thanks for your post Kingstonian.

Patrick
Old 05-05-2007, 07:55 PM

Thumbs up

Been parking and fishing there some lately. I picked up a bottle and plastic bag on the way out this morning. So far, things have gone well with fishermen parking there this spring.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TNGlen
Default Just a thought

A small monetary donation to the church would go a long way also...$20 or $25??
Old 05-14-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Good Thread

When I was in Knoxville I worked with a very nice lady who lived in Clinton and went to church there. She didn't have any complaints about the fisherman, but she did insist I come in and join them in church if I was ever up there fishing.....even if I was in waders.

I agree with all your suggestions. It would be a very nice gesture to at least keep the area clean for them....even if it means picking up someone else's trash.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghaircaddis View Post
even if it means picking up someone else's trash.
The problem is, once it's on the ground, it's everybody's trash. It's no longer the fly fishermens trash, the bait chuckers trash, or even the pic nic'ers trash. Once it's on the ground, it's our trash.

Seeing how folks have not learned from the past and all the give a hoot, don't pollute PR announcements.....those of us who treasure our free time and the places we spend it, must work to keep it up.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:43 PM

Went hiking with my 4 yo son the other day and he picked up a piece of black plastic laying on the trail about 5 inches long. I told him to hold onto it,put it in his pocket, and we would throw it away at the trailhead. I look back to see him tossing it into the weeds? I told him we don't litter and to go in and pick it up. He looks at me and says " I'm just a little boy, I'm too little". I said,"well, if you don't pick it up they might close the trail and we will never be able to hike it again". He says," ok dad, I really like this trail,will you watch me get it"?

Mark...

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)

Last edited by DryFly1; 05-15-2007 at 01:00 AM..
Old 05-14-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Building bridges

I was up there today (fishing was pretty good), and noticed they had a website address on the side of one of their vans. I emailed the facilities director, thanking the church for their graciousness, and offered to post any issues, concerns, preferences, schedules, parking locations, etc., that they may have that they want to pass along. If I get any response, I will post here and at ET-FFF. Hopefully, this can open up some communication that will make this a good relationship in the long term.

I personally appreciate all of you for wanting to be good guests. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:08 AM

Thank You.

PAtrick
Old 05-16-2007, 11:47 AM

have yall noticed the amount of pressure that section of the Clinch is getting due to people parking at the church? It's crowded on weekdays now or anytime for that matter. It doesn't seem to affect the fishing though, just the amount of people to navigate around.