Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 05-12-2007, 01:59 PM

Talking Huge bass

I was fishing in a little neighborhood pond a few days ago and we were catching tons of bluegil. Anyway I guess a bass came over to see what all the excitement was about. While I was reeling in about my 15th bluegil a bass ate it. All I had was my 5wt and 4pound test on. When I got it in I saw that it was easily my biggest on a fly rod. It weighed 8lbs 10oz.I'll try to get the picture up if not ohwell.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:10 PM

Thats an awesome experience you won't forget, big fish nailing something small on your line. Hope you get the pictures up, can't wait to see it!!!
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 05-12-2007, 05:50 PM

Nice Fish! Can't wait to see the picture. My first fish on a fly was a bass caught from a pond in Kentucky. That was in 1962 and my fish was about 1/4 that size. Good post.

Byron
Old 05-12-2007, 07:00 PM

I cant seem to get the picture up anyone able to give me instructions
Old 05-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Administrator

KentuckyKid

Are you hosting your photo with photobucket or a similar site? If so, just copy the url address for your photo from that site, come here and click on the icon above the reply box with the mountain, you will insert the url address when it prompts you to do so.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Paula
Old 05-13-2007, 12:41 AM

WOW!

What would really be sweet is to have another bass eat the 8lb bass!!

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 05-14-2007, 06:28 PM

I'm not very good at computers. I have the pic. on Corelphoto album and my Email inbox.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Default Posting pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky Kid View Post
I'm not very good at computers. I have the pic. on Corelphoto album and my Email inbox.
I know this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it so let's try it again.

First, open your Corelphoto album on your computer and find the pics you want to post. Next, go to www.photobucket.com. When you get there, you'll need to open an account - no charge. This will set up an online photo album in your name. You then need to upload the pics you want to your new online photo album. When you do, photobucket.com assigns each pic its own unique URL. When you view your album, you'll see that each pic has three new file names/codes. The first of these is the unique URL or internet address for that particular picture within your online album.

Next, when you want to post a pic, you'll need to find, copy and save each URL for every pic you want to post. I usually just open Notepad or Wordpad and go to photobucket.com and copy each URL and paste it into an open document. Then, when I need them in a post, I can just copy and paste from my document instead of going back and forth to photobucket.com.

Type in your post as you normally would, and when you get to a point where you want to insert a pic, just click on the little icon above the text box that looks like a picture of some mountains (appropriate, huh?), and a small dialog box should open in the upper left corner of your screen asking you for the URL of the image you want to post. The box will likely have the http:// started for you, but the URL from photobucket.com already includes the http:// so you'll need to erase one of them before pasting in the URL you just copied from your open document. Once the image is in your post, you'll have to take it as is, so you're better off doing any sizing and cropping, etc. in your Corelphoto software before uploading to photobucket.

Keep in mind that there is a limit to the number of pics you can post here. I think it's 8 but I could be wrong. Good luck.

Gerry
Old 05-15-2007, 03:48 PM

Default 8 lb-10 oz Bass!

Kentucky Kid,
You have to figure out how to get that dude posted! Never caught a bass that large on a fly or otherwise!
Congratulations! Hope you took the measurements for length, girth, etc. and that your dad is going to have it mounted for you!
Sorry Dad!
Best,
John the other OC'r!
Old 05-16-2007, 06:40 PM

Talking Here he is!

Hey Thanks for the instructions I think I got it.