Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-26-2007, 07:42 AM

Default south holston

would anyone be so kind as to give me some info on the south holston?

best public access to wade, current flies/hatches.

pm's accepted

thanks
Old 05-26-2007, 01:34 PM

Hey Trevor,

About all you have to do is start in Bluff City and head up either side of the river toward the weir dam and you will find plenty of places to pull off and fish. You can park below the weir dam and access a lot of water by walking down the river along the trails. A little farther down the river you can park at the 4-way stop on Hwy 44 and walk down the road and access the river at the Hwy 44 bridge also you can turn at the 4-way stop and head up the river, I think it is Riverbend Rd. goes past Riverbend Church take the first right (it is a dead end) the road actually has a loop turnaround, the block of woods on the right before the turnaround is TVA property and it is about a 10 minute walk to the river. This is my favorite spot and provides access to a lot of water if you take the trail straight down it is about 1/2 mile and comes out about the middle of the property. There are plenty of places to pull over on Big Springs Rd. and also some places along Rockhold Church Rd. (Hwy 44). There have been plenty of sulphurs coming off lately and they will continue throughout the summer. Last week the hatches seemed to be best late in the day, I encountered a great hatch about 6:00PM. I live in Bluff City, if I can help with directions or answer any questions send me a PM.

Mike