Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 06-04-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Just wanted to add my voice...

...of support for the both of you concerning this decision. While I will miss the ability it afforded us to be able to message one another or email, I also understand the situation.

I for one have found your kindness in affording us this site an incredible blessing. I also have been amazed at your generosity with regard to at times suggesting other guides than those who work with your shop or out of it directly. It is nothing short of shameful for others to abuse your courtesy and if this helps prevent them from doing so, I assure you that you have my sincere and continued support.

God Bless & Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by pmike; 06-04-2007 at 01:25 PM..
Old 06-04-2007, 01:22 PM

Thought i'd put my $.02 in. While it is a bummer, like most people, i understand and respect your decision to do this. It's a shame that such a great service like that was abused at the expense of LRO and members of the board. It's always one person that ruins it for everyone else..... Thank you, however, for everything else that you do for us.

Craig
Old 06-04-2007, 08:40 PM

Guys, my disappointment is in the fact that there are people on this board that would resort to such "stuff". One thing that I love about this board is the perception that people are really nice and courteous. I lurk on several boards but I don't dare post because I don't need to have a "new one" ripped for me if I ask or say something stupid. And I am apt to ask or say something stupid from time to time. Byron, Paula & Daniel, I support whatever you have to do to keep this the best danged fly fishing site out there.
Mike
Old 06-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Default Thank you. You are the best.

First, let me say, we really really appreciate your support and understanding and your incredible comments. Honestly, it means so much to us.

Second, let me say, we at LRO have always had the philosophy that the free sharing of information and knowledge is a good thing. There are no stupid questions. Nobody will be demeaned for asking anything. Nobody.

Our whole point in resurrecting this board was to create an environment where you could all meet and share your tales and your knowledge (if you chose) and share your frustrations over fishless days, if you chose.

All of that can and will continue.

We are so incredibly blessed to be doing what we love; to have customers and friends like you, and to be fly fisherman who will endeavor to continually bring new fishermen into this sport so that others can feel the joy and disappointments we all feel when chasing our prey.

We all started somewhere. Some are completely self taught, but most got help from someone and the very best thing is to pass that on. We will continue to help any and all who come, either to the shop or here. We know you will too.

Paula
Old 06-04-2007, 10:12 PM

Aw, he doesn't even respond to the fan mail he gets on other boards.

Last edited by calebB; 06-04-2007 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Old 06-05-2007, 09:40 PM

While your decision is respected what about the following:

1) Any suggestions if one member wants to contact another member from this board?

Updated after thought:
I guess we can use the contact info listed on the profiles..Sorry it's been a long day at the office..

I was just brain storming this because many new friendships and acquaintances have come from using this board. Especially from new members seeking someone to share there new found hobby / addiction with...

Thanks
Greg
Old 06-06-2007, 04:36 AM

Default Me too...

I understand too. While most message boards are run by part-time internet junkies, and a few by non-profits - there are those that are run by folks trying to make a living, too. I just want to make sure no one thinks I was doing anything like that - after all, I did just decide to take down that picture of a small stream because folks were taking guesses at it. But I would never use the PM or email to tell anyone how they should post, or what info they should or should not share. So you guys don't look at me.

I was however, offering to sell everything LRO sells at half price.
just kiddin'.

Unethical people are everywhere. I ususally just ban the offending member, but in LRO's position, if you did that, you'd just have someone else abusing it, after you ousted the first guy, and so on and so on....

I think any reasonable person can see your position and understand your decision - and hey, if they don't - well, it's not their message board anyway! It's your board and we are guests here....and most of us, i'm sure - feel very fortunate to "hang out at LRO" from home! Thanks for everything you guys do for us. You're more than our favorite flyshop.....you're family. ( and Daniel is that wierd cousin with the funny pants at all the family reunions! LOL )
Old 06-09-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
5 Days Ago 12:03 PMByron Begley

Flyman,

Just call us the old fashioned way, (toll free) and I'll tell you what a great guy you are.

Byron
Would it be OK if I just put my email in my signature so the pretty girls could keep sending me the photos.

Last edited by flyman; 06-09-2007 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: genetics have been cruel to me
Old 06-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyman View Post
Would it be OK if I just put my email in my signature so the pretty girls could keep sending me the photos.
HAHA!!! You may put your email in your signature line. We just don't want to see the photos, kthx.

Paula
Old 06-09-2007, 08:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT

I never got any photos from pretty girls!!!!

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com