Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 06-11-2007, 10:34 PM

Talking Best Day Fly Fishing Ever!

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post here. I have been reading the board for about eight months and I really appreciate all the great advice you all have shared.

Saturday morning I went to Millers Island on the Clinch. I have fished the Clinch a good bit lately, but Saturday was the best so far. We caught one brown and two rainbows. All of the fish were about 7 inches. What made the day so great was my fishing partner. She had what she said was a "Wicked awesome day"

I think for a nine year old young lady she did pretty good. Saturday was the Clinch Ricer chater of T.U kids fishing day. She also got to tie a fly and was real excited about the Barbie bug with legs.

I would like to thank anyone from the Clinch River Chater that may be reading this for helping me and my daughter create great memories

I am kind of low tech and will have to get the pictures developed before I can post them.

Mark

ps, Gaintfish, thanks for asking all of the questions about fly fishing that this old newbie was too embarrased to ask.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:58 PM

congratulations on the day! I fished millers island sunday and had a wicked awesome time myself.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 AM

Cheers! Glad U and yours had a good day on the water! I can only imagine why she liked the barbie bug! There you and your lip stick go Paula!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:01 AM

Default I second that...

The Princess and the Fish

I also had my best day ever on Saturday. We too were down at Miller's Island for the Kids Fish Free Day.

My daughter will be 4 in August. Now, as you can tell from the pictures, she is little miss princess; she loves princess everything, her favorite clothes are pink, pink tackle box, you get the idea.

I told my wife when we left the house "We'll probably be home in an hour." I just thought that, as much as I want her to be, she's just not going to be in to it. I told myself that I wasn't going to push her. When she said she was ready to go, that would be it.

Now imagine my surprise as, after 3 hours of fishing, I had to bribe her to get her to leave! After her first fish, she turned to me and said, "Daddy, I love fishing!" Honestly, I got a little choked up.

I made sure we kept a few of the bigger stockers to eat so that she could better understand, but thought maybe she would worry about hurting the fish or something like that. Now imagine my surprise again as she asked with each fish, "Daddy, can we eat it?" My response was usually "No, baby. This one is too little."

She reeled in 10 fish that day. Four of them were big enough to take home for dinner, but one of those wriggled out of Daddy's hands. I was absolutely the proudest papa ever!

Here's the princess with her first fish...

...and here she is with one a great deal bigger that what Daddy usually catches!

Best day ever!