Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 06-13-2007, 06:38 PM

Default West Virginia Trout Fishing

Hi guys and gals! Making a trip next month to WV for the wife's family reunion and I really would like to do some trout fishing up there, preferably wild, but any trout will do! Gonna try and get mtnman to come up a day or two and I would like to already have some places scoped out by the time he gets there.

We are going to be staying a Pipestem Resort. I know the lake at the park/resort has some trout in it, but what about some streams? For anyone that has any knowledge of this area or recommendations, the help will be very much appreciated.

Tight Lines!!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:26 PM

Lots of good trout water in WVA. Much is dependent on water levels, but I do not think at this time of year, and without drought in WVA, should be a problem. Pipestem is a neat place, with mountaintop golf course and nice lodge, as I remember it. Not the easiest place to get to, but for some that is not a drawback. I would contact Larry Woofter, www.evergreenflyfishing.com for best waters around Pipestem. Nearest recognizable river is Cranberry, but it is a drive to the NE. Probably many native streams in the area that are not that hard fished, and maybe the lodge can help out. Skip Watson
Old 06-16-2007, 07:37 PM

Thanks for the reply! I've got around a month to figure out where to go, so I will get in touch with Mr. Woofter. The thought never crossed my mind to even ask the locals while there! When I get back, I'll post the outcome of the trip. Until then, keep the tips coming!