Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 07-05-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Sipsey report anyone?

Anyone fished the Sipsey lately?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:39 PM

I am in Madison and just found out the Sipsey is a good place to Fly Fish. I am new to Fly Fishing but looking for local places to go. Have you fished the Sipsey very much before? I have read they stock it and have hold overs that can go 5+lbs....true?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM

i usually fish the sipsey alot but have been chasing big bluegills and shellcrackers lately.the last time i was there was about three weeks ago and caught quite a few.mostly on midge emergers and zebra midges.ants and small beatles should be working by now as well as small EWC`s(sz 16 to 1.check riversideflyshop.com for reports.
dalefish
Old 07-08-2007, 03:21 AM

hey bamabum

I try to get down there and fish every now and then. Let me know if you ever wanna ride down.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:27 PM

Would love to go down there with a guy who has been and knows the ropes there.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:40 AM

fished sunday with a little success.caught 8 and got lots of bites.for the first time in a while,drys outfished the nymphs.i tied some sz20 ants with muskrat dubbing and cdc wing before i headed out to fish and they worked great.didnt see as many ants as last sunday but the fish were still looking for them i guess.fishing is real technical right now(for the sipsey)water is low and clear and the fish have been in there a while and seen alot of stuff thrown at them.i did see some nice holdovers and caught a couple nice ones(for the sipsey)hope to get back down there this next sunday.
dalefish
Old 07-22-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Missing the Sipsey, Hiwassee, or LR anywhere else!

Hi y'all,

I sure have missed fishing the Sipsey. I haven't been fishing anywhere (except vicariously on this and the Hiwassee board). I had to take a leave of absence from my job near Carbon Hill to come to Chattanooga and take care of my elderly folks (my dad has cancer). Anyway, I sure do miss all these places, but particularly the Sipsey, which is where I fished most of the time.

I keep thinking I'll sneak of up to the Hiwassee, but somehow I never manage to get there, and that would mean I'd have to get an out of state license too,which is way too ridiculously expensive anyway, but I sure do miss it.

Keep up the good fishing on the Sipsey. BTW, I was proud to see it listed in the last Trout magazine!! Hu rah. Great job to those who invested so much time and energy into getting the Sipsey recognized. Only problem is now the little secret is out.

Hope to be back on the Sipsey one day, but who knows. I may end up staying here and then I guess it'll be the Hiwassee or the GSMNP which is two hour away.

Anyway, Dalefish, et.al, I'll appreciate the reports in the meantime and have wonderful memories (except the last swim I took) of a good place to fish for trout in AL.

Lynn
Old 07-23-2007, 11:15 AM

good to hear from you fisherlady.fishing has been a little tough but fun.i always learn more on tough days than easy days.carried the grandkids and others to a pond yesterday and caught alot of huge hybrid bream.i`ll try to post a pic.come fishing when you can and we`ll keep up the reports.
dalefish
Old 07-23-2007, 09:50 PM

Thanks, Dalefish. Guess you'll have to do all the fishing for me. Hope you had a great day pond fishing with the grandkids. They grow up so fast, don't they? Those are the times they will treasure when they get older. Take care and let me know how the fishing is when you can.

Lynn