Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-19-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Saturday afternoon fishing anyone?

Anyone up for some Saturday afternoon fun? I'm doing a stream sampling over in Cosby on Saturday and should be ready for some fishing around 1pm or so. Anyone interested in teaming up. I have a couple of spots in mind about 30 min drive from Cosby. email if anyone is interested to ahlstedt@usit.net
Old 07-19-2007, 07:58 PM

dang, if I didn't have to move saturday, I'd go. I haven't fished the park in a whole month now!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:02 PM

Wish I could...we just got back from the mountains. However, since you mentioned Cosby, could you post something about how it looks right now? I fished it back in June, and everything from the hiker's parking area on up was very low - so low, I decided not to fish it on any of our subsequent trips up to the Smokies this summer. I really love that little stream; I had a blast on it back in April.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:36 PM

I will post info on Cosby here on Sunday. I'm going on an acid depo stream sampling with TU. I'm not planning on fishing Cosby though.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 PM

Hans, I've got sampling duties tommorrow also over on abrams. Don't know what time we will finish, but I 'll hopefully be over on the LR that afternoon and evening. If your over that way look for my red jeep.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:14 PM

Guess what guys,

The water flow in Little River is moving up to almost 1.6 feet and it has some color to it. I guess they got some rain in the mountains that we didn't have here in town. The temperature right now is the lowest it has been in at this time of day in a long time. Fishing tomorrow should be good. Have fun. Vern and Giantfish are camping at #18. It's going to get down in the 50's tonight. I bet they will have a good time.

Byron
Old 07-20-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Begley View Post
Guess what guys,

It's going to get down in the 50's tonight. I bet they will have a good time.

Byron
Don't rub it in...we've been heading up to the mountains so often, we're getting spoiled. It won't hit the 50s at night here until October, minimum - we're lucky if it gets below 80 at night.

Great to hear about the water levels...the radar indicated a lot of rain along the highest spine of the mountains. In the meantime, the tropics are poised to break out in a few weeks. For everyone's sake, let's hope nothing serious develops this year - the perfect scenario would be a weak depression that doesn't cause any damage along the coast, then the remnants moving over the mountains and giving them a good soaking.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:12 PM

Troutman!

Yeah, I don't know, I got an email from one person this morning who was going to camp over on the east side of the park, I emailed back but haven't heard anything. I guess I need to make up my mind. I tempted to do Greenbriar. If I come over Little River way I will be fishing around Milsaps Bottoms.