Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 07-23-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Backcountry trip weekend of September 1

Hello all, made mention to matt the other day about a backcountry trip i had thought about taking and was wondering if some others were interested in giving it a shot. I know it's kinda short notice for some, but it will be a brookie trip so i don't want to wait too long and it breaks off cold. The trip will be on the nc side of the park fishing a very remote, and rather large brookie stream (pretty sure the largest in the park). The hike is relatively short, 5 miles to the campsite at the most, and fishing could give us a relatively good chance of catching a large brook trout and fishing water that hasn't been fished in a while. The only way to access this stream is via the 4-5 mile hike, so we will most likely see very few, if any, people.

If anyone is interested, let me know or shoot me an email at mtnman2888@yahoo.com. I was hoping a small group would come together and we could do it. Have a great day.

Craig
Old 07-24-2007, 09:13 PM

Not many biters so far, am i really that unpopular? Maybe my ex was right.........

Come on guys, i thought i could get a few of you to join us.

Craig
Old 07-24-2007, 09:24 PM

I'd love to, but I doubt I can swing it...the kids will be starting back in school, plus we aren't really outfitted for camping (yet, that will change soon)...I think I know which stream you're talking about - if we're able to make it up there before school starts, we might sample it. It sounds wonderful.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:27 PM

I would love to go, BUt (there is always a but) Gaintfish will proably have a cross country meet. Plus after this weekend and trying to keep up with Gaintfish on the single track trails I have to get into better shape before my next backcountry trip. It would be great If we planed a backcountry outing to coinside with another cook out next spring. Whats the elevation like?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:44 AM

It's ok, i just thought there would be a few people interested in going. The elevation is about 4000' roughly with the mountains surrounding reaching over 5000'. I'm hoping to make it up there, as i really believe that this would make for an outstanding camping trip.

Craig
Old 07-25-2007, 08:11 AM

I would be very interested in this trip sometime. Bad timing for now though as I'll have just got back to school....
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to scflyfisher

Craig,

Refresh my memory, were you talking about a full weekend trip, or just a one nighter? I'll check my calender and see what I've got going on. The only issue for me could be that weekend is Labor Day weekend, and I'm not sure I'll be able to convince my wife that I have to leave her on a holiday weekend to go camping and fishing. I'll keep you posted on the camping trip, and we can get started on planning our next saturday fishing trip before too long.

Matt
Old 07-25-2007, 09:27 AM

Is that labor day weekend?? I didn't even look, if it is then we can postpone it a week or so, or even do it a week earlier. It's really whatever y'all want to do. I'm up for either a one nighter or all weekend, again, it's up to whatever y'all want.

By the way matt, anytime you want to go fishing on a saturday again just let me know, i go every week. Guess i'm going to go this week, too, just don't know where yet. You're more than welcome to come if you want and have nothing planned.

Craig
Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to scflyfisher

Craig,

Unortunately I'm headed to atlanta this weekend. I'm also going to be out of town the weekend before Labor Day. If you get some guys together that want to do the camping trip the weekend before, then go for it. I do not want the groups plans to be changed based on my plans. I definitely want to do the camping thing sometime. I'll just keep in touch with you about the planning and see what happens. I'll be looking for your fishing report from this coming saturday when I get back in town. Have a good time.

Matt
Old 07-25-2007, 04:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to sammcdonald Send a message via Yahoo to sammcdonald

i gotta work and inform the visitors...and celebrate that the numbers of them are gonna get smaller after labor day.