Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 07-23-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Minneapolis in September

Work is sending me up to Minneapolis in September for two weeks. I have heard that there are some good trout waters in SE Minnesota around Winona. Does anyone have any suggestions or a guide that they could recommend. If the weather and timing were right, I may even look into some pike or muskie fishing with the fly rod. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Travis
Old 07-27-2007, 06:51 PM

Great trout fishing in SE Minnesota. Dave Anderson is a highly reccomended guided. You can contact him using this link. http://ontheflyguiding.com
Good luck.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Mississippi

When I lived in MN, we would go to the mississippi river and have a great time fishing for small mouth and walleye. If you go up I-94 to the monticello area and fish north of there you will have good opportunities. I don't remember a lot of other fly-fishermen in MN so if you can spot some good rivers you will probably have it all to yourself. Most of the people that live in MN are on one of the many beautiful lakes. If you go Muskie fishing go up to Lake Mile Lacs. The fall fishing is unbelievable and the walley bite is great as well. Just be sure you dress for all different kinds of weather, it can change very quickly.
Enjoy your trip and make sure you post some pics when your back.
-Ben