Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 07-25-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Thanks for having an ear.... or two.

Hey Byron,

I talked with you a while back about a patent I was working on and you gave me some good advice. I don't have the time or money to spend on manufacturing or selling my idea, but knew it was something that could be great. It also helped knowing that the idea came directly from God, and I had better see it through or he'd be really upset. After going thru the whole patent application process, which has been very time consuming and taxing, I decided I needed to figure out who's line it would work the best in. My choices really came down to William Joseph, Orvis and Fishpond, or a big guy like Scientific Angler. I figured I'd rather be a big fish in a "fishpond" than a little fish in a fish ocean and you had mentioned that the people at Fishpond were really good to work with, so the pieces seemed to fit, and I knew they would. I contacted John at Fishpond about it, and after a few conversations it looks like they want to produce and sell my idea in their line. I've still got a lot of work to do on the design and prototype, but it is good to know that a true innovator in the fly fishing industry is interested in an idea from an ordinary fisherman like me. I'll keep you updated on the progress. It's funny how pieces always fit together when we follow God's plan. He always seems to put the people in our path that can help us along on the journey, if we only listen and keep our eyes open. Thanks for being out there.

<'))))><
justfishing
Old 07-25-2007, 05:57 PM

justfishing,

This is great news. I don't know John very well but I've met him. I do know his partners Dave and Cindy very well. They live in Kansas City and all of the distribution is handled there. They are great people and of the highest integrity. I look forward to selling something that you and God put together under the Fishpond brand. Congratulations! Good Job!

Byron
Old 07-25-2007, 09:11 PM

Byron,

Yeah, it's pretty weird, but a good feeling. I know I won't make a lot of money by any means, but it will be kind of neat to have something out there in the fly fishing world that I helped develop.
Braden and I are leaving Saturday for Bozeman and I could use 3 or 4 of "them" right now.
I'll definitely keep you posted on how it's going.

<'))))><
justfishing