Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 07-25-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Headed West

Leaving tomorrow morning to head west for a month. Colorado and Wyoming (YNP) are the intended destination so hopefully there will still be some fishable water in YNP. Who else will be out there over the next few weeks? If you see a TN car in YNP with a couple guys fishing nearby, its probably Trevor and I so stop and say hello! We'll be the ones catching all the fish...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 07-25-2007, 09:44 PM

Man! A month fishing the west. Enjoy. That sounds like the trip of a lifetime, that I'll never manage in my lifetime.

We'll be awaiting your report.

sb
Old 07-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Smile going west

Guys, we'll be in the area about the 2nd of Aug. for 2 weeks. We'll be coming out of Salt Lake City in a rental car so I'm not sure what it will be. Just look for a symbol of a Blackbird. I hope we get to see you guys and fish together.
Hugh
Old 07-25-2007, 11:21 PM

Hugh, I'll keep an eye out. Are you going to camp in the park? We'll probably be in one of the campgrounds in the NE part of the park at least part of the time...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 07-25-2007, 11:50 PM

Default A month in Yellowstone land!

You dogs! Have a great time. My brother-in-law and I spent a week out there the last week of June. What a trip! We spent a couple of days at the Slough Creek Campground, fished the Lamar, Soda Butte and Slough's first meadow. Hope it is fishable while you are there. Certainly as the month progresses, things will cool.
Tight lines and good times!
John
Old 07-26-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Yellowstone

David, we may stay in that area for a night or two if anything is available. I want to see how the water conditions are first.
Hugh
Old 07-26-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Idaho

Leaving WEDS 1 AUG for annual western trip. Planning on being in the Frank Church Wilderness Area on Big Creek for a few days, in and out by small plane, and then to float Middle Fork of Salmon. Also will hit some smaller streams in ID, near where we are staying in Red Fish Lake area. Know water is skinnier than usual, but no fires in FCWA yet, altho are fire restrictions in effect. Will post trip report on return. Watson
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 AM

My son and I will be out in YNP from the 28th thru August 5th. We'll be in Madison campground on the 28th, 29th and the 3rd, so if you need to pitch a tent stop in. We're going to try to be in the NE corner for the balance of the days. We'll be in a camper and I'll have the Big "A" Crimson Tide logo stuck on the back.

Best to All !!!

<'))))><
justfishing
Old 07-27-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Yellowstone trip

All of you; those trips are too slow in coming and too soon gone. Enjoy yourselves! Something I wish I had taken along was a big pair of binoculars or a telescope. Take your 6x tippet as well, we wouldnn't have caught a fish without on Slough creek.
Best,
John