Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 07-30-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Yellowstone - Aug 25 til Sep 3, 2007

I keep hearing about lots of guys heading to Yellowstone next month. Anyone planning on being there during the 9 days before Labor Day?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:25 AM

I'll be camped at Hunter Peak in the Shoshone Forest along the Chief Joesph Hwy between Cody and Cooke CityFrom 8/22 until after Labor Day.Keep your eyes out for a Dark blue Explorer with an LRO frame around Ky tags. It may or may not have a Red Necky Kayak on top. Stop by and say hello if you see me.
We'll be doing some day hikes in the NE end of the park. The NPS has issued manditory stream closures for many of the park rivers after 2 pm till 5am.

I'll be along the Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone, North Crandall or Crandall Creeks or on a high mountain lake (Goldens maybe?) along the Beartooth Hwy. North Fork Anglers says there is still plenty of cool water on the Eastside which I've found to be usually true. If the streams cool off, I'll head for the Lamar- Soda Butte, Slough Creek AFTER LABOR DAY if the crowds drop off.

Kytroutbum
Old 07-31-2007, 11:11 AM

I'll be at Roosevelt Lodge from 8/25 until 8/30, West Yellowstone after that. As of now, I'm thinking about walking in to Cache Creek off the Lamar on the 28th or 29th. Never fished it but have heard good things. Do you have any interest?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:49 PM

I'm extremely interested. I'll be there with my wife, who is somewhat hesistant about how far I go back solo in the park. The beartooth lakes are at or above treeline and fairly open.
We are leaving on or about the 13th of August taking our time to hike in the Badlands/ Black Hills and arriving in Cody on August 19th and heading up the Chief Joseph on the Morning of the 21st. In the past, I've found that there is not a cell phone signal in the Sunlight basin. I had a grand baby come very early last time and had to almost drive to Cody to get a signal. I'd like to make some plans before I leave- both dates sound good. My email is Rsale@Netburner.net. Contact me ASAP as I have a lot going on the next two weeks or I'd be there now.(:>)