Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-03-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Citico creek

I'm thinking about visiting Citico creek sometime next week. Has anyone had any luck at Citico lately? I've had good luck there in the past, but wonder if the water is too warm there now for trout and smallmouth.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

I haven't had any luck there during the summers - just spring and fall. Come to think of it...I caught my very first trout on a fly in Citico Creek following an early morning spring shower about 20 years ago. I guess they're right when they say you never forget your first!

Anyway, my neighbor here at the shop is from Greenback and he grew up fishing Citico, Tellico, the North and Bald rivers, and Indian Boundary. He told me just this past Wednesday that fishing at Citico was really hot right now so it might be worth a shot. If not, it's still some pretty country!

Gerry
Old 08-04-2007, 05:17 PM

i think citico is mostly smallmouth and redeye in the lower reaches.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:02 PM

dont be afraid to make the trip its just like fishing most other small stream around here.think yellow, stay low, and fish slow. I was fishing up there two weekends ago and did quite dandy
Old 08-13-2007, 05:09 PM

If your talking about the stocked section it is pretty low and warm.. Ive heard that they havent been stocking much there due to the skinny, warm water conditions.. As for the up stream unstocked areas, they are very skinny with warm water conditions and getting close to lethal conditions for trout.. Farther down river for smallies would be a better bet...

Marmot