Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-08-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Clinch trip for 8/11-8/12

I think I am going to try and make it one if not both days this weekend up the clinch. If anyone wants to meet me up there I could always use some advice. Also if anyone wants to volunteer a couple flies that are hitting I would appreciate it. I have been having good luck with Sulphers and Imitators.
CinciVol you wanna try and go this weekend?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to FFM4LIFE

#18-20 Griffith gnats ,#18-20 BHPT,#20-22 BH zebra midge's all have been working well for me on the clinch right now.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:51 PM

Send a message via MSN to UofMontanaAlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFM4LIFE View Post
#18-20 Griffith gnats ,#18-20 BHPT,#20-22 BH zebra midge's all have been working well for me on the clinch right now.
What color BH zebra? I ordered a bunch (red, olive and black) that will be here soon. I hope I chose wisely.

I will be at the church parking lot Saturday by myself and probably below the dam Sunday morning with another Knoxville member (Drag Line). I am a stocky young-looking guy and I will be driving a new grey colored Nissan Xterra with Univ.MT. Griz stuff all over it. If you see me on the water, I am the guy who has absolutely no clue what the **** he is doing other than having a good time. Make sure to say hello.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:23 PM

I second the BHPT in size #16 to #20. I have had good luck using unweighted pheasant tails and caddis emergers same sizes when the fish start to rise.

Good Luck
Mark
Old 08-09-2007, 07:50 AM

bcunnin: looks to be a little hot for my tastes this weekend, I'm heading up to the mountains to hang out with the wife. Hate to say it, but when it's this hot out, I'd rather be floating in a tube annoying fly fishermen than vice versa! Anyway, it looks like you should have a few LRO board members to fish with.

Last weekend at the Church I had good luck up stream above the island with a #18 zebra midge fished in the fast runs. Caught several fish at the tail end of pools where the water was starting to speed up just above the shelves. Had my best luck as the water was coming down (9-11ish). I'd still like to hook up with you over there some time. We'll keep trying.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:54 AM

Anyone have any idea what the generation schedule will look like this weekend? What did it do last weekend I was out of town and was not able to check.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:55 PM

If the water release is following the same pattern as the last few weeks, it should be wadable at the church lot around 9 or 10 on Saturday.

If you wanna meet up there around 9, I'll be in a burgundy Toyota pick-up. I'm 99% sure anyway. My e-mail is chazrufus@aol.com. Let me know if you are sure, and I will make it official with the boss...er I mean wife.

Don't know how much advice I can offer. I get skunked plenty on that stretch of water. Always have fun though.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:36 AM

When will they turn on the Generators again? And why do we not just plan on meeting somewhere together all of us interested. We can make an outing of it. I will have to work early that morning but I can come in and get my stuff done and get out on the water pretty earlier or I can go fish really early and then come back to the office around 10 or 11. Whatever ya'll want to do let me know. Hopefully we can work something out.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:40 PM

bcunnin1,

That sounds good to me. If you want to meet somewhere in Clinton, that would be fine. I think they usually turn off the generator at 1:00 a.m. on Friday. That means the water at the church will be wadable between 9 and 10 a.m.

They haven't posted the Saturday generation time yet, but I think it has been 10:00 a.m. for the past few weeks. The water would start coming up again at the church around 2:30 if that holds true for this weekend.

Post a message here or use my email address above to contact me. Otherwise I plan on being at the church about 9:45 on Saturday. I'm the fat boy with the goatee.

Hope to hear from ya.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:32 PM

Hello. I am new to the Knoxville area and have thought about heading to the Clinch Sunday if anyone would like to meet up. I am not familiar with the river at all and any help would be greatly appreciated.