Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 08-09-2007, 07:27 PM

Default hey byron

byron i read the fishing report with your vacation plans today.you are right that is a beautiful park i live about 10 min. down the road. if you want a day of wading while you are in maybe for smallies or muskie i might have some info you would like. my fishing may not be up to your standards but we can give it a try.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 AM

jgduckhunter,

All fishing is up to my standards. I don't know if we will want to leave the park but please send any information to my attention at: info@littleriveroutfitters.com. I thought you lived near the upper Caney Fork. I've been reading your posts. I would like to get into more smallmouth fishing and would give anything to catch a muskie on a fly. Thank you for offering your help. How well do you think the lake at Fall Creek Falls will be fishing in September under normal conditions?

Thanks,

Byron
Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 PM

Regarding your search engine exploration of the CSF, if you had put the CSF in parentheses, in Yahoo! you have found your site to be only 2 of 3 that come up:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22...y-vert-web-top
Old 08-10-2007, 06:02 PM

Default byron

if you look at a map of state route 285 from hwy. 111 to hwy 30 caney fork and fcf aren't that far apart. most of the smallmouth i catch are in a tributary of the caney called calfkiller. we mostly fish fairly close to sparta city limits but the muskie are in all the tributaries. i really wish i could hook one on a fly too. it seems like anything that resembles a minnow will work on a spinning outfit i just haven't stuck with the fly rod enough. i'm also not that good at casting the old fly rod yet that doesn't help the situation.