Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 08-14-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Question about Chota wading boots

Im planning on coming in to the shop soon to spend a big bonus check on new waders and boots. I know, those Simms River Tek waders and Chota boots will tear that check up good. Anyway, my question to Byron, Paula and or Daniel is regarding the Chota boots. I bought a pair of STL+ boots with cleats about three years ago and Ive loved them. I did notice maybe after a year that the hard black plastic cap around the heel (on the outside) was cracking and breaking down. I wondered if you guys had seen that and if Chota was addressing it. Apparently it doesnt affect the structural integrity at all, becase those boots are still going strong. I'm not retiring them, I just want two pair! Maybe a creekin pair and a Sunday-go-to-meetin freestone stream pair...
Old 08-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Canyon65,

The Chota boots continue to be our best selling brand of boots and some of the most comfortable on the market. Over the years we have seen what you describe on a few pair of boots. I just spoke with Mark at Chota. He told me that on rare occassions (about 1 in a 1,000 pairs of boots) they will find one that has the cracking problem. Mark says that they have looked into it and found no reason for it. He also said that they have been seeing it less and less frequently in the past several years.

I have a pair of the STL boots which I love!

Daniel
Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 PM

Default STL Boots

I have a pair of STL boots, which I love. I must have one of the 1 in a 1,000 pairs. I also have cracks in the back of boots. I see no problem yet. I have had them about two years.