Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 08-18-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Hey Byron...

Could you get your friend in Nashville to send you an update on the TU tag count occasionally and post it somewhere with the Tag picture. I'm not sure if you're gonna keep it on the fishing report, but maybe a weekly update in the thread. I sent my stuff in several weeks ago and was surprised we've only sold 52. Maybe an update will keep people excited about it...

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 08-18-2007, 01:09 PM

Hey Kevin,

That's a good idea. I will and post it here and on the Fishing Report. Dick told me that they had only sold 52 but the actual advertising is just starting this week at least in the fly shops. I've already had several customers mention it to me since we got the poster, brochures and the banner on the fishing report. If you think about it we're over 5% there with almost no advertising. Dick felt good about that. So do I. I am keeping the banner on the fishing report at least until 1,000 plates are sold. I am on the e-mail update list so I will get reports automatically. I talked to one guy today who is going to order one and he is not a member of TU. I think we will get a lot of people like him to buy them.

Byron
Old 08-18-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Question #2

I'm confused here! 1000 plates! Sold by LRO or TU TN chapters as a whole Because 1000 plates sold TU as a whole should be relatively easy! There's a sportsman's tag that has an itty bitty brown trout in the bottom right corner! So this will be the only dedicated trout plate! Byron as far as I can see from the plate as far as personlization is concerned you should be able to put what ever four letter'd word on the plate your hart desires! The reason being is that the first two letters of the plate will always read TU followed by four letters/numbers!

I'll be printing off the form shortly to order! So definately add another!

Brett
Old 08-19-2007, 11:06 AM

Flyfishermansfly,

Thanks for your post. You are right, a personalized plate is going to have a shorter limit on the letters and numbers than some other plates. Someone told me that.

LRO is not selling plates. We are just getting behind the project and handing out brochures.

Several new license plates failed. I heard that Boy Scouts didn't make it to the one thousand mark. Of course, Boy Scouts can't drive but their parents do.

I think there are 2,500 TU members in Tennessee. I believe the plates will sell to non-TU anglers too. I know one who said he is going to buy one. So reaching 1,000 plates seems like a no-brainer. But, I'm not taking any chances. I want to see this go through and I'm going to push it and our staff here at the shop will too. We all believe it for a good cause and the license plate looks great. Thanks for ordering one.

Byron