Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 08-28-2007, 08:19 AM

OUCH! I can speak from experience on that - I had to have two sets of treble hooks cut out of me once; the crank bait I was fishing was hung in a stump a foot below the surface, and I made the stupid mistake of pulling straight back...I barely had time to turn, or it would have got me right in the chest. My dad forced the barbs through and cut them - I passed out twice.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:43 PM

yeah, thank god that you're ok. that's a big reason I almost always wear sunglasses. I've had some clousers ping me in the back of the head before, but have been lucky not to get hooked by one.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:37 PM

Set the hook one time on a texas rigged worm, it was a stick not a big large mouth. Worm weight came back and knocked the lens out of a cheap pair of sun glasses. I am allways afraid of large steams for that reason. chuck and duck.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:51 AM

Sir, I cannot tell you of the admiration I have for ANYONE that can not only take a picture of the thing for everyone to see, but can SMILE while having a fly stuck in his face....I am not kidding or trying to be funny....doode, you are one cool cat. Kudos to you for keeping a level head and having such a great attitude about it - and yeah, i'm glad too that it missed your eyes! If it's overcast, I sometimes forego the sunglasses for better vision on small streams when I know I shouldn't.....your bad luck reminds me that there's more to glasses than polarization!

btw - that fly kinda looks good on ya.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Zonked!

That reminds me of the Scott Ad with the streamers stuck in the yellow hard hat. Glad to see you are alright.
Best,'
John