Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 08-30-2007, 11:19 AM

Default redington rods

just purchased a 6wt 8ft fiberglass rod from Dave redington down in Stuart Fl.This is from Dave's new line of rods.He makes them himself.They are american made--Not to be confused with the Chinese-Orvis-Sage corporate rods called Redington's because Orvis kept the name after purchasing the company from Dave.The rod is excellant,and cost about 250.00.His bamboo rods are 466.00.Called The South Fork Rod Company---has 2 employees-Dave and his wife--it doesn't get much better than that
Old 05-18-2008, 12:13 AM

I've got an eight foot 4 weight Redington bought new at Hunter Banks in spring 97.The tip was broken in the winter of 2000 and sent in to be fixed in early 2001.The rod was sent back in less than a month with a new tip section,and what is left of the old one.I reckon this happened before the corporate takeover.The original rods were special.By the way I paid 275 dollars for it in 97.And the replacement tip cost the postage.The original company was a good place to shop.This rod still a favorite for fishing Metcalf to elkmont.