Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fisheries Management & Biology

View Poll Results: Do you wish to see TWRA's New Clinch Management Plan take effect? As written?
Yes 46 95.83%
No 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Poll for the "VOCAL MINORITY"

I want to see what the 1000+ board members think about TWRA's proposed slot limit's/regulations on the Clinch River think. It's a simple yes or no based on two things..."YES" you want a change based on TWRA's mangament plan or "NO" you wish to see no change or any improvement of this fishery! I'm posting this late and there is a meeting for this change coming Oct 24th at 1pm at the Gatlinburg Convention Center! I will be editing this post later to add some further links to the above listed TWRA management plan and other pertinent information!

Thanks in advance to all who voice thier opinion there is more than one individual wanting to see the results of this!

Brett

PS-For those who don't wish to create waves, I did not enable "Viewed Public Voting"...So by posting no one will no who how or what you voted for...Not that it will really matter depending on which way the "minority" votes! I think this may be one sided, but enlightening non the less!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

Just trying to keep this poll visible. Comments always welcome

Gerry
Old 10-05-2007, 10:05 AM

Default As I expected

This poll's results verify what I have heard from talking with people I know who trout fish. I have not yet found a strong group in opposition to trying to improve the quality of a tailwater.

Travis
Old 10-05-2007, 11:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Default Fyi

For those who may not know - and how many of those on this board could that be - here's the exact text from the TWRA press release this past August:

"Clinch River from Norris Dam downstream to HWY 61 bridge- 14-20 inch protected length range on trout, with a 7 trout creel limit allowing only one fish in creel limit to be greater than 20 inches. There were no gear, tackle, or bait restrictions associated with this proposal."

And here's a link to the TWRA memo from which I have quoted.

http://www.twraregion4.org/TWRAInfor...lease_TWRA.pdf

As you can see, the proposed regs for the Clinch were almost lost among the many other regs proposed for other streams and lakes in region 4. I haven't heard any uproar over the other proposed regs. Kinda makes me even more suspicious of the opposition to the Clinch regs.

Gerry
Old 10-05-2007, 11:20 AM

I just voted Yes.

Byron
Old 10-05-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Chem E!

I second that opinion and I agree and voted as such for that very reason. I'd still love to see what the opposition is proposing. Any one out there have any idea's? I just reposted on the "Here we go again" thread, about how TWRA has really kept an open mind and ears to possible changes. I see what Gerry Romer/dad has posted in regards to the proposal but I don't think that is set in stone. I think TWRA knows what they want and what the water needs but are open for any suggestions or concerns!

Thanks,
Brett
Old 10-06-2007, 01:45 PM

Default sorry

Bringing it to top and making it visible!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:08 PM

I vote yes! Would you like to "biggie size" that fish on the end of your hook? I'm in all the way up to the top of my waders- past that, and somebody will actually have to take me to fish the dang river. Just find it hard to leave the Caney right now. By the way, we'll be having this discussion next year down my way In for a penny-in for a pound!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:09 AM

Default 2 Thumbs Up!

Yes for me!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:26 PM

Send a message via MSN to UofMontanaAlum
Default Yes

Yes Please!