Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 09-12-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Sneak peeks at '08 gear.........

Anyone at LRO allowed to give some early information on some new gear from the fly fishing companies? I know the retailers show is very soon and i'm really looking forward to see what fishpond has coming out. I love their stuff!

Craig
Old 09-12-2007, 11:38 AM

Default New Gear Preview

We are just getting to see some of the new products for 2008.
Simms has redesigned almost all of their wading boots and they look great! They are also using a new kind of Gore-Tex in their higher end waders.

Sage has a new rod series which will replace the SLT. The new rod is called the Z-XL. Rods will range from 7'6" 3wt to a 9' 6wt. $655 to $675. I got to cast the 7'6" 4wt. It is super sweet!!!

We haven't gotten to see what Fishpond has new for '08 but I expect it to be great.

Lamson has a new reel called the Konic. Its price will range from $119 - $129 depending on size. The incredible part with the Konic is it has the same drag as Lamson's other reels.

Our Orvis rep, Dave Hayward, will be here next week. From what I've heard their new rod series is supposed to be excellent.

Chota has a new generation of the Abrams Creek wader which will be available in the Spring. This wader, the Abrams Creek II stockingfoot, will be light tan, have better shaped feet, and built in gravel guards all for $165.

We also just got a new gadget in stock. (when Byron gets back he is going to shoot pics of it and we'll have it on the Online Catalog) It is a new fly drying "patch" called the SimpliFly. It is a hard, self healing foam cylinder attached to a zinger, for sticking your flies in to allow them to dry. I'm doing a horrible job describing it. The pics will show it beter. This thing works well, even with small midges and barbless hooks. They are $11.95 for the clip on version and $13.95 for the SimpliFly with the fancier zinger.

We are still waiting to see the new Winston rods for 08. Winston has a new rod series that is reported to be very fast action.

Temple Fork Outfitters (TFO) introduced their Project Healing Waters rods. There is 2 rods in this series, a 9' 5wt 4pc and a 9' 8wt 4pc. These are great looking and great casting rods but even better, TFO donates $25 from the sale of each rod to Project Healing Waters, an organization which helps veterans who were wounded in the wars going on in the Middle East.

We'll have more to share as we learn more about all the new stuff for 2008!

Daniel