Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 09-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Camo stocking foot waders?

Howzabout some breathable Camo stocking foot waders for $150 or under?

Do they make such a thing? Would LRO stock them?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Good luck!

I don't think you'll find exactly what your looking for at LRO....I've been following LRO's product line pretty closely when it comes to waders...Based on in store items I've browsed each individual retailers web site and never saw a pair of camo waders in anyone's product line...Chota makes a camo deep green colored wader and so does Orvis! The tailwater's xt by Orvis are a deep green and I'm unsure of Chota's brand in that deep green! I don't think a man could go wrong with a set of those XT waders! I'm probably gonna pick a set up for my b-day! I sense Daniel chiming in a reply shortly!

I'm betting Patagonia may have something close too, considering they do a wide variety of sports...Maybe waterfowl!

Good luck!
Brett
Old 09-14-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Camo waders

Try the big superchain that starts with a 'Cab' and the last part rhymes with 'fellas'. It's going to be tough to find them for under a buck 'n a half I'd bet. Picked up a pair of camo neo's 10 years ago from them and still love them........... in the winter................ on the Clinch.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:46 PM

It seems to me that it would be a "natural", "no brainer" given the advise for much of this year, as-in low water, spooky fish.

Can't really see it being a bad idea anytime. I am new to this fly fishing thing and am surprised that most would not want them. Of course, I was also surprised at seeing folks using bright yellow line too, so what do I know?

I have found one example at a sporting goods store but it was a bit pricey for my taste. And, If I can, I would just as soon give my money to LRO.

Have seen the Neos but I think they would be a bit warm for the fishing I do.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:22 PM

Marvin,

Years ago, Simms made a Gore-Tex wader in camo. It didn't end up being a good seller for them and only lasted a year or two in their line.

A camo wader does make good sense for fishing around here in the Southern Appalachians.

Like FishermansFly said, the Orvis Tailwaters XT wader is in a dark green color which would do well for blending in.

Daniel
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM

There is a manufacturer called Stearns that makes breathable stockingfoot waders in Camo. I have been debating about buying a pair myself, just not sure who carries em.

Mr. Vandalay
Old 09-17-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Ahh Stearns

Stearns is a wally world brand! They actually should be putting out there camo waders anyday now, if they haven't already. I personally have owned a pair and what I can remember they worked out fairly well, but they were soon replaced by another brand. Stearns make's water wear and I really think there focus has changed to strictly PFD's and rain gear. Stearns I believe is official gear to the FLW (WalMart's professional bass fishing tour). Usually they introduce there waders right now though for duck hunting season! And it seems like they usually have a mossy oak pattern! I feel like I've broken about 10 TM (trade mark) laws in this reply! Good luck and give em a go!

Brett