Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 01-16-2008, 07:27 PM

Sam,

We would be glad to have you. You will find the date and time here.

Vern,

I'll ask Mark. I sure they would. It's a slow month in Townsend. He's a good guy and told me to ask him if there was anything he could do.

Byron
Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 PM

Thanks Byron, that may add to the incentive to get people to make the trip.

Hiker14, I don't know where you are located but if you are close you might ask your troop if they would like to help in someway.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:22 PM

Vern and everyone else, if I run this by our local FFF club in Knoxville and the TU Little River Chapter and if it sounds like we have enough people interested (which it does), we need to sit down and discuss a time frame. I'm thinking September what is everyone else thinking? I don't want to compete with TU when they do their clean up on Little River inside the park. They do theirs in March which I did last year and which I'm planning on doing this year again.

I'm thinking several organizations in this are will do spring clean up stuff. I think therefore a late summer early fall deal would be better. Input anyone?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:42 PM

Hans

I think that would be good, that will be after all the tubers have gone.
See you on Saturday?

Dave
Old 01-17-2008, 09:15 AM

September would work the best, August is busy do to families getting that last vacation in before school, and Oct I learned last year is traffic from H***. The only thing we need to work around is Troutfest.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:05 PM

I have discussed this with a some people around town. Our Mayor, Shannon Skidmore who owns the dumpster company and agreed to help us also owns the largest tubing company here. He thinks September is best. Also, Mark who runs the KOA agrees. September is a slow time here, the water is usually low and we can do a better job under those conditions. I think we can wade down the river pulling canoes and just toss the trash in the boats. Then pull up to a dumpsters and unload.

I'll make sure all the media is here to interview Hans.

Byron
Old 01-17-2008, 01:12 PM

Sorry Troutfest is in May, sometimes I get brain dead. September is the most logical choice. UT Home Games may effect the turn out. I personaly may have a conflict due to a charity Golf turn. I usually help run. But just like this I don't the confirmed date yet.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:04 PM

I think we should start at the "Y" inside the Park. At that time of year there is a lot of trash there. I guess it depends on how many of us show up. We would need to notify the Park Service.

Byron
Old 01-18-2008, 09:33 AM

I excited about everyone's involvement. Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I don't know about me being on TV though. I don't think everyone is going to appreciate a "furriner" with a funny mix of southern drawl and swedish being on their local news. I got my citizen papers but somehow my accent can't cooperate. LOL.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:42 AM

I just got an Email from Scott Weber President of MTFF and he said that the board dicussed it and this sounds like something the club would like to do. They want to give me the floor at next months meeting to give some of the details. Byron I was think that it would be a good Idea to have a location where the differant clubs and any sponsors could hang their banners or signs during the clean up. If we had some frontage somewhere where we could advertise what we are doing, maybe a banner with LITTLE RIVER FALL CLEAN UP and then grouped around it the clubs and sponsors could put up thier banners.