Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-27-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Recommendations for a Fly-Fishing Trip

I live in Nashville and am looking to put together a fly-fishing trip for about 6 men in the Smokies or elsewhere with good trout fishing in Tennessee. We're wanting to do it over a long weekend and either want to i) hike in somewhere with great fishing where we will have no competition and can camp out, or ii) rent a cabin somewhere, hire a guide (or guides) and do a combination of driftboat fishing one day and wading another. If there's a great fishing lodge out there in the Smokies like there is in the West, that would be perfect. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance, and God bless!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:18 PM

I guide in the cherrokee national forrest and i would like to take you out but the water over there is in bad shape. if you want to hike in some where Raven Fork is awsome and should hold decent water right now, Deep and Hazel creeks are also among my favorites. I'm not big on tailwaters but from what I understand the hiawassee has fished well with standard nymphing techniques and dropper rigs,the clinch has fished well but i've heard its been kind of crowded. hope this helps
Old 09-27-2007, 10:47 PM

South Holston...talk to Hugh Hartsell who guides there. With such a large group, I'm sure he can recommend a couple of other area guides to get everyone on the water at the same time.
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 10-08-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Fishing Trip

When were you planning on fishing? If you want to float, generation schedules may be a pain in the rear.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Fishing trip

On second thought, I have a lodge type setting that you may be interested in and it does not depend on release schedules. E-mail me on the link below and I will give you details if you are interested.