Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 10-23-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Indian Boundary

Going back to Indian Boundary for a fall camping trip soon. Any reports on how the lake is fishing?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:27 PM

I guess I'm the only one still fishing for Bass.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:07 AM

I've neven fished Indian Boundary, but would love to hear a report when you get back. I'd hoped to make it up there in September, but it didn't work out. It's a gorgeous little lake.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
I guess I'm the only one still fishing for Bass.
Seems there are some underpressured fish out there...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 10-27-2007, 04:42 PM

Never fished Indian Boundary. Close to Citico, right? How'd it be to take a canoe there?

sb
Old 10-27-2007, 10:51 PM

I haven't fished there this year but in years past its produced some impressive blue gill and red ear sunfish, decent large mouth, and a bunch of crappie, very few trout. I've never had much luck up there when the weathers cool. Late May-Sept sounds about right. Yellow poppers are usually the ticket. hope the info helps and best of luck to ya.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Indian boundary fishing

I spent a couple of days camping with the family at one of our favorite places this weekend. The lake has dropped another foot in height since I was there in august. The bass fishing has slowed down and they were no longer hitting on top. The wind was blowing pretty strong across the lake on Friday afternoon and the lake was white-capping, so I did not fish any that afternoon. I was afraid the wind would pick up again on Sat, so I got up early and hit the lake about 6:30am. The moon was fairly bright and it was kind of spooky paddling across the lake to the area I wanted to fish in the dark. The lake was very calm and serene. I picked up several bluegill at daybreak but no bass on top so I paddled over towards the deeper water by the dam and started throwing a wiggle minnow on a sinking line off some rocky points. I ended up with a couple of small bass with this technique but decided to quit at 10am for breakfast. The campground closes for the season on Nov. 1st. I can't wait for next summer and hopefully several more trips to this beautiful place.
To answer your question, yes, Its a great place to take a canoe, kayak or even a jon boat. No gas motors but an electric troll motor is allowed. The boat ramp can be seen in the last pict.

Last edited by Troutman; 10-28-2007 at 07:19 PM..
Old 10-31-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Indian Boundary

Beautiful Pics! How big is the lake? I looks tiny from the Skyway. Did you have it all to yourself? 'Were there some nice hiking trails around there?
Thanks,
John
Old 10-31-2007, 04:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

Those trees look very familiar.... Hmmmmmmmmm.

Love to get that last one blown up. I'm probably in there somewhere.

Nice fish! Nice pics! Nice boat!!

You can have the trees though...

Gerry
Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 PM

John, I believe the lake is 96 acres. Both trips August and October, I was the only person out on the lake before noon and I was the only person fishing. There is a bike/hiking trail that encompasses the lake. I rode my bike around it once. Its about 4 miles all the way around it. The lake is known for great bluegill, crappie and bass fishing. I don't think the fish have seen very many flies. Needless to say, I will be back next spring when the fish are shallow and aggressive. Time to get back to the trout for the next several months!

Gerry, I did hear something in the woods in the dark!