Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 11-06-2007, 10:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky Kid View Post
Gerry, have you ever fished it with just 3 wt fly line?
Sorry I didn't get right back to you. Yes, I have fished it with a DT 3wt. and I prefer the heavier line. It may just be a personal thing, but I think the rod loads better and you can really feel it loading... especially in tight quarters.

My "other rod" is a TFO professional. It's an 8'6" 4 wt. and I have fished it both overlined and with a 4 wt line. Again, I prefer it overlined for the same reasons as the Avid. I've come to think of it as my general purpose rod since I fish it on tailwaters as well as in the mountains. You should definitely take a long look at the TFO rods. They are a great value!

Gerry
Old 11-09-2007, 09:08 AM

I have a TFO 3 wt Finesse for the mountains and by fare the best rod for the money out there. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. And as previously stated you can not bet the warrenty. It is made in Korea however so if you want to buy American look elsewhere
Old 11-29-2007, 01:40 PM

I have to second everyone on the TFO rods. I have an 8'6" 5wt and it has been great. I bought it to replace an old Scott rod that got stolen. The TFO actually casts better long distance than the Scott, plus the Scott was 6" longer. I like them so much I bought another one in an 8wt. It was the Project Healing Waters version, comparable to the professional series. It casts great. They are pleasantly surprising rods that are great on your wallet.