Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 10-28-2007, 08:17 PM

Wink Floatant

I was wondering if any of you only use frogs fanny for floatant. I did have a bottle of Aquel but I didn't really use it and the other day I lost it.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:55 AM

I'm a huge fan of Dave's Bug Float. Last time I was there( holy cow, I think it was last May. Whhaaaaah.) Little River Outfitters had plenty. But you can also usually get it at Bass Pro and sometimes at Walmart if you don't live near LRO, and that's all you need or whatever. Heck, LRO might even ship you a bottle of it with free shipping - don't know if they have a minimum order for that or not.

try Dave's. out of all my friends that I've forced into trying it, only one fellow didn't like it, and we all think he's just crazy anyway. LOL

( *waves to Milliam, who will never see this 'cuse it's deer shootin' season. haha)
Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Frog's Fanny

While I am not the expert as most on here i do like the Frog's Fanny floatant. It holds the fly high on the water. Just follow the instructions and use the brush to apply it. But most of all make your purchase from LRO not one of the Box Stores! We must support those that support us!
Brian
Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 PM

We don't have a minimum for mail orders. You can buy anything and we don't charge for ground shipping and we are happy as heck to do it. Just call our toll free number or buy from our OnLine Catalog. We sell a lot of Frogs Fanny, Dave's Bug Flote and other Silicone and powders. Just click on the Catalog button at the top of the page and have a look.

Thanks,

Byron
Old 11-21-2007, 08:09 AM

Kid,
Used most of what's on the market. Used dry shake (Shimazake) for a while, still do some, especially the dark grey for darker colored dries. Sometimes gink works, depends on the situation. Usually I'll dress a new fly with gink first to try and prevent any water saturation, once it becomes wet, dry it with a patch (amadou) or a piece of chamois or your shirt or whatever, then the frog's fanny has become my go-to dressing. You can use as much or as little as you need instead of dunking the whole fly in the dry shake, plus the little brush comes in real handy. Don't forget about using the ff for nymphs too, a little on the underside makes a nice air pocket for simulating a rising emerger. Different people prefer different products so get a few different ones and experiment, you may come up with a combo/recipie that works great. Good luck out there and tell Randy Sanders to lay it on the big orange this Sat.