Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Why We Fly Fish

Old 10-28-2007, 08:58 PM

Default A Little Quality Time With Lefty

Didn't know who else to share it with so I figured why not here. Its finally dropping into the forties and I am enjoying the cool evening in a nice chair on the porch with a Beamish stout in one hand and a copy of Lefty's "The Professionals' Favorite Flies" in the other. I was out here planning the flies I was going to tie for my trip to the Smokies next week but I found my mind was other places. I can't get the grin off my face, this is my time of year. No more big crowds, beach balls, or tubes. No more bait, spinners, or huge stringers of trophy fish. Just catch and release only, delayed harvest, artificial, me against the fish time. Only us real fisherman out now. The ones that know that when the first loop flies and that blue winged olive makes a little ripple, all the cold goes away. The ones that are smiling fish or no fish because we have the stream all to ourselves with birds and water the only break in the silence. So, I tip my glass to all of you and can't wait to see you waist deep with that ear to ear grin.
Christopher Fisher
Old 10-29-2007, 12:19 AM

hey, good post.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Amen!

I'll second that! Waist deep I shall be! Rod guides frozen and all! Nothing more gratifying then that!
~Brett
Old 10-30-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Can't Wait

Kytroutbummin,

You hit on something that I experience every time I know I'm going to go fly fishing - just the anticipation of going before you ever get there (I feel a Carly Simon song coming on). Particularly the night before, gettin my gear together, making a list and checking it twice, smiling, already feeling the adrenaline start to pump. It's like FFForeplay to make a crude analogy. It's a rush just knowing that you're going to go before you ever get there. Don't know much else that creates that kind of "anticipa-ya-tion".

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com