Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 12-18-2007, 05:19 PM

OK, here's a new incentive. Dick and I have been talking about ways to increase license plate sales. Jim Mauries who owns Fly South in Nashville is working on this too. We are going to try and get every fly shop and large fishing store involved.

Here's the deal. Starting January 1st through March 31st if you buy a License Plate you will get a certificate good for $10 at all participating stores. The information will be on the website: www.tuplate.org. If you buy online you will show your Paypal receipt and get ten bucks off. If you order through the mail you will get a $10 certificate that you can redeem at all participating stores. I'm going to call the stores in East Tennessee and get them to participate. We are hoping that this will help.

Dick did verify that the entire $35 is deductible as a donation.

Byron
Old 12-18-2007, 06:06 PM

That's an awesome incentive Byron. You guys always step up to the plate when called on and that's so much of why everyone considers LRO the best flyshop in the country.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:41 PM

Smile Second

I second Rocky's comments. It could not have been stated any better. The fly shops will certainly give up more margin through this deal than I will give up paying the $35. I have not completed the application yet. So, I will wait for word from Byron.

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:22 PM

Thanks Rocky and Don,

I just talked to Dick. We have several stores signed on. More will come in a week or so. Hold off until January 1 to buy your tag and make sure the information is on the TU website. Also, some stores will have conditions attached such as $10 off on a $25 dollar purchase. That way we can get more shops to sign on. And, who can go into a fly shop or a big store and spend less than $25 bucks anyway. Not me!

If you work in a store that sells fishing tackle to trout anglers call me and I'll tell you how to participate. We don't want to leave anyone out. 877-448-3474

Byron
Old 12-22-2007, 10:53 AM

Default TU license plate

Great News on the coupon! I have already signed up for one, I am going to sign up for the old Wagoneer as well. We really need to get this done. Don't we have close to 7,000 TU members in this state?
Merry Christmas!
John
Old 12-22-2007, 11:34 AM

I don't think the numbers are quite that high. For some reason I'm thinking more along the lines of 1500 - 2000 members.

However, Dick was really hoping to sell some plates to non members as well, seeing how there are a lot of non members who still enjoy fishing for trout. Fly and spin fishing alike, TU member or not, everyone can sport a cool looking plate on their trout wagon.

I was also told that non Tenn residents who enjoy fishing in Tenn, while not eligible to have a plate, could still make a $35 donation to TN TU and it would count as a plate sell.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Count me in!

I was planning on buying a plate anyway but this makes it doubly sweet. Just an affirmation that our local fly shops (with LRO in the lead) care as much about fishing as they do selling. Thanks, Byron.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 12-26-2007, 07:35 PM

Default numbers update

Byron,
Do you have a new total on the number of plates sold? If things are close I will talk my wife into getting one for her car. She is not big on having a fish license plate but if it comes down to me not having one I don't care what she says. Just don't tell her I wrote that.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:01 AM

Thumbs up

I hope it works out for everyone. I think it is great to have a TU plate on your vehicle and what all it helps in our sport. I have TU 266 on my truck here in Georgia.
Wyatt
Old 02-04-2008, 09:11 PM

Just Looked at the information on the web site, 300 sold, thats better but still not great. I signed up too soon, 1/6/2009, i guess i missed out on the $10 but i was going to sign up anyway.