Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 11-13-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Website Feature Request, calendar links

Paula, Byron, and Daniel,

In today's fishing report I noticed that there is a section where this weekends fly tying class is mentioned. I would find it really helpful if I could click on an "add to ical" button, for events such as these. Im not too lazy to manually enter events into my calendar, but I'm always looking for a faster or more efficient way to stay organized. I know that this technology exists, but perhaps it would not be worth your while. On a similar note, I do subscribe to a lot of folks calendars, it would be great to subscribe to "Little River Outfitters Calendar"

Here is an example of a calendar that I subscribe to:
webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics

Feel free to contact me on or offline if this doesn't make sense.

Thank you!

Offshore
Old 11-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Offshore

I fail.

This message board has a calendar feature...I have never employed it. I will do so. Thanks for the heads up.

Paula
Old 11-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Okay...I have added some items to the LRO Calendar. If you wish to subscribe to the calendar and get emails when it is updated with an event, please send me an email with the address you want to use. psbegley at core dot com.

Paula
Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 PM

Paula,

Thank you for updating the calendar. I think that I didn't explain myself properly. What I would love is to be able to click on a link "fly tying class on ..." and have it load into my calendar on my computer. I use apples ical program, and I know that other people do this with outlook, etc. Perhaps it is too much work to make it worth while. I know I have been to other websites that have this feature, but I can't find one right now. As soon as I find a good example, I'll send you a link.

I know how much work the website and message board are, and I do appreciate it!

Thank you very much,

Offshore
Old 11-28-2007, 01:07 PM

offshore,

I use iCal as well. Are you talking about sharing calendars by having us publish one on the web and then you can import it into your calendar?

Byron
Old 11-30-2007, 08:45 AM

Byron,

Yes, I would love it if you could publish a calendar and I could just subscribe to it. That would be ideal! I bet you already have a calendar just for LRO events on your MAC anyway. As soon as I come across a website that has a"click to add this event to ical..." link, I will let you know. I'm not trying to be a PITA here, and I may be the only person interested in this...

Best wishes,

Offshore