Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 11-27-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Cumberland River--Sunday Nov 25

Was on the road by 4:30 AM headed for The Cumberland River-didn't much want to go--dreary weather-thought of turning back--toughed it out--arrived at Kendall before daylight--Attitude still bad--felt stiff did not want to fish---overcast sky,cold,dreary---Reached to get my rod behind truck seat--it was not there--I had forgot to bring it--I did have the 4wt bamboo that Babb made for me--rigged up between sips of coffee---parachute adams with a zebra midge as a dropper-----river was swift--cast in appropriate places for a hour---nothing---one other guy fishing---rigged again with green weenie as dropper---cast into a seam--BAM!---a fish nailed the green weenie--it felt like a log---finally got it in --a 18" brown---released him---went on to catch 8 more in the 15 to 18" size--Really pushed the limits of the 5X tippit---Missed several fish---what a day.Moral of the story?You are you,fish are fish,you like a warm bed on cold dreary days-fish like cloudy days cause they don't have to hide from the sun---get out of bed---be sure to take your rod--go fishing--
Old 11-27-2007, 05:45 PM

Default could be worse

Leaving your rod at home, sure beats leaving it on the roof of your jeep.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauxier View Post
Moral of the story?You are you,fish are fish,you like a warm bed on cold dreary days-fish like cloudy days cause they don't have to hide from the sun---get out of bed---be sure to take your rod--go fishing--
Great report and thanks for the reminder. Some of my best days fishing are overcast or rainy days but it sure is hard to get out of bed...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 11-30-2007, 02:12 PM

I second that, I've had some of my best days fishing in the worst conditions, plus, you have less fishing competition.

www.flyfishtennessee.com
www.facebook.com/flyfishtennessee