Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 12-14-2007, 03:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to UofMontanaAlum
Default Catalog Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingReport 12/14
If you notice on our catalog, almost every one of the hundreds of items have no background. That is our look. In many cases that has to be done manually using a process in Photoshop called a clipping path. To accomplish removing an item from the background I have to click on points and round out the connecting line using a mouse. My Mac has a 24" monitor and the photos are blown up several hundred percent. And not only do I have to draw around a reel, I have to clip out each hole that shows through. It's a lot of work but worth the effort. We decided to have a unique look and that's what it takes. We don't cut corners here. Don't ever tell me to do something a certain way because it is easier. That is our competitors job. That has been the way I have lived all my life, sweating the details that matter.
Byron,

I had a feeling you guys took the time to edit most of the images used on your site. And you are correct, it makes a huge difference. The uniform look on your site makes it a joy to look at.

Scott