Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 12-17-2007, 05:57 PM

Default forum ?

Any chance of getting a "Fishing classic rods and gear" section for those of us who like Bamboo and Fiberglass rods and the older reels and gear?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:35 PM

Good idea Gary,

I never thought of that. We'll have it up in a couple of days.

Byron
Old 12-17-2007, 09:10 PM

Here we go again. I just decided not to jump in to the old ebay fiberglass frenzy and know Gary is bringing it back up again. I used to frequent fiberglass forums as well as ebay auctions and man there are some nice ones out there.

Actually, the new s glass does have quite a following out there, Diamondback makes a nice rod series Diamondglass and we had Scott and Fenwick doing some modern glass rods for a while. Don't even get me started on the custom made ones' like Steffen Bros. I just need to go down in the basement and start up the old printer and print me up some green. He He.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:53 PM

Han's , I just know that there is a lot of people who enjoy fishing bamboo and glass rods. Lots of builders and collectors that can share their knowledge on here. Most everyone knows that the bamboo bash is held in the region every year. There was also a fiberglass rodders clave here this past fall.
I would like to see more manufactures going back to building rods like the old Scott G, Winston glass and the Fenwick Feralites. Not everyone likes 9ft fast action,high modulus rods designed to throw the entire fly line, when most cast are under 40ft. The high profile manufactures are only marketing those kinds of rods anymore. Maybe with discussions on forums, they will finally take notice and go back to their roots. Hope I don't offend anyone here, I'm just voicing or typing my wishes.

Cortland, is fazing out several of the Diamondglass rods and I believe they even closed the Diamondback factory in Vermont.
Glad I was able to get a couple before their gone! Fantastic rods.

Last edited by Troutman; 12-18-2007 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: spelling!!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:06 PM

Gary!

I just to love to give you a hard time man. I think it would be a great idea with a kind of classic forum, that goes for both flies, rods, reels etc.

As for Diamondback is it true? I never did get around to own one. They were the only manufacturer with only U.S. made rods in the lineup besides Sage, if we are taking production rods. Can't believe that. You better hold on to those Diamondglass rods.