Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 12-21-2007, 11:50 AM

Default ? dalerio & grousegunner

I had a dialogue with you guys about fishing in Martin's Fork tailwater. I am going to Harlan to visit the in-laws for the holidays and thought about doing some fishing to make it barable. Heard any news lately? Any suggestions on access points, flies, etc?

Thanks,
Aaron

I think FLYFSN was in on this also!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 12:16 PM

Default ACinEastTN

About the only info I have is Cranks Creek Lake in Harlan Co. was stocked Nov. 26th. with 5,000 trout. Martin's Fork Tailwater was stocked Nov. 14th with 600 trout. Dalerio is from that area. He can probably give you more info.
Merry Christmas!
Paul
Old 12-21-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Flyfsn

Thanks! I am not one that is easily discouraged so I will try fishing somewhere. I will let you know what happens.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:24 AM

AC

i haven't wet a fly in a couple weeks now. kinda waitin on santa claws and some new waders. i haven't ever fished MFLT, i wish i could give you a good place to start. as far as flies, the stockers i was catching was hittin #14 beadhead prince and RL copper john's under a #12 yellow stimulator. i wish i could be more help.

i got a book about fly fishing southern app. mtn.s for my birthday and a LRO brookie hat. there is a brookie stream above cumberland on the way to whitesburg. poor fork of the cumberland river. was going to try it out this spring but since you would that close i would atleast give it a look.

here is some pictures i got from awhile back on clear creek near home. i haven't took the camera with me since this day. always in a rush to leave i geuss. if you come by this way give me a hollar we could hit clear creek or go down to bark camp for some browns. that poor fork of the cumberland stream is from the second bridge on 932 on the top of the mountain off 119 in the jefferson NF. they should be signs with fishing along two forks of the headwater. let me know if you go up there. can't wait to hear what it really looks like.

learned why you need a drag on a reel with the one.LOL he an't that big but man he was strong and jumped three times.

dalerio