Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 01-08-2008, 11:15 PM

Default Thanks to you guys!

I've held the W.Josef Satchel and it seemed a bit on the fat side. Gonna be in the ATL later this month and am gonna feel the Orvis sling pack and see what I think about it. Who knows? after a few hours in the Orvis candy store, there is no telling what I'll come out with (hopefully not a divorce afterwards )...but i appreciate the input very much.

Hey JBM... hello from just across the mountain (O/S of Greystone) matter of fact, had dinner in your fair town this evening. batten down the hatches...looks like a storm's a coming.

Was down in God's country today...Saban's first recruiting class is lookin mighty strong!
Ramma jama!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:33 AM

The best way is to try them out and figure which one works best for you. I found the WJ to conform to the body and lie flat. Others stick out and seem to get in my way. We are fortunate to have choices that were not available not too long ago. Enjoy your trip to the "candy store"! I think good understanding wives expect us to get in that kind of trouble. There are much worse troubles!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:50 PM

Default Good Understanding Wives...

She may not understand the difference between one rod and the next...but she can count, and rarely understands when new ones appear

Afraid to push the issue, in fear that she may start researching how much each one of them cost.

It's the cross we bear
Old 01-26-2008, 05:04 PM

I have the Orvis sling pack and love it. Easily carries what i need and easier to use than a vest. You hardly know it's there. It's just enough room for essential gear, camera and a small snack.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:07 AM

Default Thanks G

Still want it...but I spied some fishpond packs the other day that has rang my bell even more...still...think I need to get both!...

Then new gear means...new rods to go with the new gear...means trip to try it all out!

I just love it when a plan comes together
Old 01-31-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunker View Post
She may not understand the difference between one rod and the next...but she can count, and rarely understands when new ones appear

Afraid to push the issue, in fear that she may start researching how much each one of them cost.

It's the cross we bear
I have a double whammy. I also play guitar. Trust me, a fly rod is quite inexpensive when compared to a good acoustic guitar. I could buy 2 Helios and 1 Winston WT for what I spent on my last acoustic.

My loving wife counts the guitar cases very closely, but that takes enough of her time that she's not too mindful of the fishing rods. All she knows is a fishing pole cannot cost as much as a guitar therefore, they are safe.

Let's just keep it that way!

Jeff