Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 01-08-2008, 10:40 PM

Default Fff

We had twenty or so showing up today, and we are going strong.
If you couldn't make it tonight there's always next month. February 12, 7 PM at Doris Walker Academy at 1110 Lovell Rd in Knoxville.

We are hoping for some more concrete information from a couple of guys about helping out with The Boy Scouts fly fishing program this summer as well as potentially establish a connection with TVA to identify what we can provide for them as far as manual labor. Possibly some stream clean up projects etc. All of this will be discussed at the February meeting.

I'm personally trying to establish a fall date for a Little River Clean up in Townsend. Please consider joining us next month, we need everyone and all. Our dues are a low $10 plus the FFF national dues of $35. This will give you the magazine "Flyfisher" four times a year.

See ya next month.

Hans
Old 01-09-2008, 05:36 PM

Hans I am a member of MTFF, But can't attend many meeting due to a conflicting meeting time. But if you want I can try and contact them to see if they would like to join in the clean up in the fall. Come July I roll off as a trustee fo the Knight of Columbus, so I willl be able to attend MTFF mettings. If any one is not a member of a FF club I highly recomend you Join. The MTFF is a great group of Flyfishers and I am sure that Knoxville will be also.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:07 PM

Vern:

That would be most welcome. I haven't got this approved at our local club yet but I'm going to make a case for it at our next meeting. I would like to have kind of a similar set up like TU does in the spring. They clean the riverbank between 9 and noon and then we could have a simple hot dog lunch or something. Fishing for the afternoon.

I would like to do this in the fall since a lot of clubs are doing spring events. We can do this either in Townsend if we can get Byron to help us or we can do it inside the park. Let's discuss. If you have some connections in MTFF it certainly would help.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:41 AM

Hans I talked to a friend last night about getting some trash bags printed up, of course orginaly I saw this as a Message board event, but getting the fff clubs involved will work a lot better. I may be able to get the bags free or very cheap, we just have to decide what we want on the bags. I will contact MTFF and see if they are intrested. Our meetings are the first wed of the month.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:55 PM

Vern!

Keep me posted, I don't have this run by the club in Knoxville yet but my intention is to get this officially sanctioned by the club and I will know more later this spring. It would be great if we could get this going this fall. We also need to discuss if we should do this in Townsend with Byron's help or if we should do it inside the park. Inside the park it would be a NPS affair. Keep us posted and maybe you can ask around your club if we should make it a coordinated event with a cookout and fishing afterwards.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:50 PM

Default FFF Letter

Hello to all the East TN FFF members
I just tried to send out a letter, ad myself like Hans some of the e-mails did not get out. It must be a over 50 thing for me.

Anyone who did not get the letter please e-mail me at ontheflygsm@yahoo.com and I will get one out to you.

Larry and Robert I know the e-mail that I have for you did not work.
Thanks again for all who came, see you next meeting
Dave
Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 PM

It gratifies me well that this club is going.

A couple of notes from thr Board as they say. We are running a new member incentive described below.

1. Any one jioning the Knoxville club (a charter club) who is a new member only pays $ 10.00. For every 12 new members the club will receive a fly rod for club use.

2. Anyone joining the Nashville club(an affitiate club) that is a new member then the fee is $ 15 for the year. The rod incentive is the same.

It is a great time to join a good organization and save some cash and help the clubs gain some rods for raffle or other uses.

Butte Irish Dave Duffy
frozen in Wyoming
it was 30 - 38 below every where in Yellowstone Park Tuesday and - 27 here with a nice breeze.

The park area and the big horns got a good 20 inches before the front went through. It was 7 today.

Member of the Board of Directors for the Federation of Fly Fishers.