Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 01-09-2008, 11:29 AM

Default in regards to todays fishing report.....

hey Byron.....two questions:
- will you post some pics for the hike today especially if you find somethinig. I would bet that there is alot of civil war interest on this board . I really enjoy reading Shara (both father and son) and thier accounts of C.W.

- second, any possibility of someday doing a web cast of the sat. tying demos. This is a selfish request as I am 6.5 - 7 hrs away but would love to see and learn from these incredible tyers that you bring in.....

see you guys in a little over a week, coming in for the intermediate tying class and to pick up a cherished and long desired 8' 4wt. Trout Bum rod to go with my newly LRO purchased Trout Bum CFO reel.....dang I'm excited about finishing this combo.....Abby said she was going to wear a hockey helmet at night because I've been casting in my sleep.....

buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 01-10-2008, 11:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to sammcdonald Send a message via Yahoo to sammcdonald

byron,
i accessed fort harry via the old buckeye nature trail...did you take that route? and fort was a misnomer for a camp.
sam
Old 01-10-2008, 01:13 PM

Buckeye,

We have the equipment and the technology but we don't know how to do it. Also, I don't know if we have the bandwidth on our remote server. Maybe it could be done on Utube. If someone could tell us how to do it we'll give it a try. I'm glad you will be here for the class and you are going to love your new Trout Bum. Thanks for shopping with us.

Sam,

We took the Road Prong trail and we found the ford below the confluence of Road Prong and Walker Camp. We think we found the fort site via GPS but I'm not sure. I do remember Herb Handley mentioned the buckeye trees. We tried to find Beech Flats. That is where they buried the soldiers who died. You need to get to know Herb. He is our Tourism guy for Blount County and he lives near you.

Byron
Old 01-10-2008, 01:46 PM

Buckeye, I agree that we could all benefit from the tying demo's online. Byron shouldn't have any trouble posting the videos to Utube and then provide a link to access it. This will allow us to watch them over and over again and still not get it right. See you at the intermediate tying class.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:15 PM

hey FFJ.....good to hear from someone who is taking the intermediate class with me. Are you in the advanced class on the 9th of Feb also? I figured I'd get both classes in this year as my resolution to be nicer to myself.....

see ya at the class
buckeyetrouter
Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 PM

Seriously, I've been thinking about this. But a four hour show on Utube? I don't think they would let that happen. Someone with more brains than me knows how to do this. Help!

Byron
Old 01-12-2008, 01:12 AM

Buckeye- I wish I could be taking the advanced class, but with 2 young kids, I am already walking on thin ice taking the intermediate class. Do you know of anyone else that is joining us? I can't wait for the class, It will be nice to keep expanding my flybox from the basics.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:42 AM

FFJ.....you are the only one that I have been to learn is taking the class. I made a few posts inquiring but don't recall getting any posts. I called the other day to make sure they had enough to hold the class and found there were only 1 or 2 open spots so there are some others out there.....

buckeyetrouter