Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 01-17-2008, 10:09 AM

Default Troutman

Wondered if anything was going on far as the smallies go. We haven't been iced over but once this winter but I haven't been any in awhile with the bird season in. I'm starting to smell Spring again, or at least wishing I could. Fly rods are getting dusty, and I'm getting that urge to yard cast some. Won't be long now though, the Crappie move up about mid-Feb. and the Striper and White Bass start up the rivers in April. Tight lines--Bran
Old 01-17-2008, 12:17 PM

Hey Bran, I haven't fished for smallies since back in November. The water temps are cold and they are not active in the rivers right now. The lakes could be good if you fished deep and slow with hardware.
I've fished a few times for stocker trout but I'm really looking forward to spring and getting back to what I like best. This year I plan on revisiting some bluelines for brookies and the rest of the time on my favorite smallmouth haunts. Let me know when your heading back this way, we'll float one of the rivers.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:07 PM

Will do, I hope we have some water to float this year. Right now all I have set up so far is the last week of July. I need to do a little better than that for fishing though, I think I may come out Memorial day week to wet a line a few days. I want to fish some of those blue lines as well.