Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-07-2008, 10:08 AM

Default Cosby Creek

ijsouth may be interested in this. This is what Cosby creek looked like yesterday afternoon after the rain storm. This isn't the park end of the creek however, it is where it runs under the bridge at 321 and Jones Cove road. Not the greatest pic, I took it quickly with my cell phone, but the water was roaring thru there. After I pick my kids up from school, I am going to try and go down toward the picnic area at the park this afternoon with the camera and get better shots of what it looks like there. I'm sure it is full and rolling!

- Herbert Hoover, devoted angler and thirty-first President of the United States.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:21 PM

Wow, that is impressive, compared to how it looked a few months ago. I know where that bridge is. It seems like everyone is having a normal winter - even down here, we've had plenty of rain - originally, the long-range prediction for the gulf coast was a dry winter, due to La Nina. It's even been fairly cool, except for this past week - Tuesday was Mardi Gras, and the high was in the low 80s...everyone was afraid with this year having it fall so early, that the weather would be bad...instead, we got sunburns out at the parades. Anyway, that warm weather is a sign of things to come...eventually, it will work its way up to the mountains...45 more days, and we'll be up there on Cosby Creek, dappling dries for rising brook trout - can't wait.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:35 AM

Default Cosby Creek

IJSouth,
Gonna beat you up there my friend. We will be there next weekend. Leaving Poplarville Friday morning. I'll think about you all weekend.