Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 02-15-2008, 01:12 PM

Default New Member

Hi,

I am Chuck Sams a new member to the board. I visited the mountains last year with my family and in doing research for that trip found this site. My compliments on the fishing report and the message board. I had a great time vacationing with my family and even got to catch a couple of Little River trout.

I saw a post regarding books today and couldn't resist posting and bragging about my fellow Michiganders. I am an engineer by profession but have written for magazines and the web and even had the great experience of doing one Anthology (a fishing story of course). I have recently revived an old project, The Cedar Sweeper and on-line journal dedicated to outdoor literature. It has now been around since about 2002 in one form or another.

Great site with a great fishing report and great message board with some very good conversation.

Chuck
Old 02-15-2008, 01:49 PM

Welcome Chuck,

Thank you for the kind words about the fishing report and the website. Michigan is a beautiful state and one I go there often to fish. I will be there this year. Thank you for joining our board. We will look forward to your posts. You may know my good friends from your state, Chuck and Linda Scribner and Rusty and Julie Gates. Thank you for joining and we welcome your comments.

Byron Begley
Old 02-15-2008, 05:43 PM

Default Welcome

Sweep, Good to have you on the forum. You mentioned some Michigan writers. I really like Jim Harrison. Read about five of his books, even his book of poems. He is always tossing in fly fishing or other outdoor adventure. You will enjoy the comments on this board. Monk
Old 02-16-2008, 09:36 PM

Sweep,
Welcome to the board.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:46 AM

Welcome aboard!
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com