Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 04-22-2008, 06:52 PM

Yeah we parked on a pull off on new found gap road right next to the trail.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:40 AM

Default Parking?

Will it be OK to leave a vehicle there for multiple nights?
Old 04-23-2008, 12:36 PM

Possibly, I have heard that there are a lot of car break ins on NGR. We only camped one night and when we got back to the truck it was fine. Just make sure that you take all of your valuables with you or hide them under the seat or out sight.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Speckleman5 Send a message via Yahoo to Speckleman5
Default Parking

I left mine parked there for 3 days, when I went 2 years ago. No porblems at all..
Old 04-24-2008, 03:40 PM

I couldn't help but notice the thread, as I am planning to backpack and camp at Deep Creek this fall (with my recent bride actually, as part of our honeymoon in the Smokies for 2+ weeks, I'm only fishing for several days, mostly on this trip to Deep Creek), from Oct. 24-26.
I read your post, mtnman, from last fall, and it sounded pretty intriguing...We were thinking of staying at campsite #60 at Bumgardner, and I would prospect the water upstream for the next day or two, while she photographed and hiked. I read that you stayed at #57 at the Bryson Place; is #60 a nice campsite, or would it be worth hiking several more miles towards #57?
Either way, I look forward to hopefully prowling around for some fall browns (catching them might be another matter though...). Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

-Iain
Old 04-24-2008, 05:11 PM

Westslope,

If i remember correctly, #60 looked to be a pretty nice campsite. It was nice and open and appeared to have room for quite a few campers. If it was me, i would stay at #57 just because i would assume the fishing would be better since there is less fishing pressure. If you can fish the bend then i would, gotta be some good fishing back there, just be careful since it gets away from the trail.

If you and your wife can handle the extra mileage i would definitely stay at 57, alot of history there and a nice campsite. If you have any more questions just let me know.

Craig
Old 04-24-2008, 10:14 PM

Thanks for the reply mtnman. I'll bet you're right about the fish being less pressured up towards #57, although I was definitely thinking about exploring the bend as well, since the creek does pull away from the trail, like you said. Well, I guess we'll just have to make a decision on it when the time comes, and go with it! Either way, I will definitely post a report (and photos, hopefully) after the trip.

-Iain