Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-24-2008, 06:08 PM

Default Quiet Abrams

I went by the Abrams creek campground around noon today. I didn't get very much fishing in for very long as I had a four year old and a two year old in tow. The stream was clear and cold, water temperature was 43 degrees just before noon (as taken by my new Fishpond thermometer that I picked up at LRO last weekend), just a little above the air temperature (as taken by the dash of the minivan). I only made it about 200 yards past the campground and then the little girl had to go to the bathroom, the boy decided to wade into the cold water in his sneakers, and they both needed lunch. I saw some very small gray colored midges (or something similar) so I fished a very small adams and saw nothing but water.
By the way, the toilets in the campground are locked. And when they factor into your potty plan, leaving toilet paper in the car (although only a short walk away, and depsite the fact that you checked just minutes before) is sometimes not thinking far enough ahead of a four-year-old's bladder. I was counseled that "little girls don't wipe with leaves, Daddy." Today, little girl, they do.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:23 PM

Griff,
Marines always need to be ready for everything. At least you had an attempt to fish recently unlike the rest of us.
Is the new kid here yet?
Old 02-24-2008, 07:08 PM

Ben,
I constantly find my self under prepared for the trials of fatherhood. And isn't that the Boy Scouts who are always prepared? Marines just make do with whatever they got, complaining all the while.
Anyway, # 4 is due in early May, so I should be able to sneak in some fishing and turkey hunting this Spring before he arrives. Our third boy. We're excited but a little overwhelmed (meaning that I'm excited and my wife is overwhelmed).
I'd like to put in a serious day of fishing or two next month, so give me call if you want to plan something out. Sully can give you my phone number.
Griff

Last edited by Brian Griffing; 02-24-2008 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: got months mixed up