Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Photography

Old 02-28-2008, 06:02 PM

don't worry about the hijack. I just wanted to be the first one to post a picture in the new forum. I don't know about the waterproof case, but just from the size and bulk of the camera, I don't think it would be something that would be easily carried on the stream while fishing. I could see my flyline wrapping around the thing everyother cast. When I'm hunting, it rides in my backpack to and from the stand, then I either hang it on my tree stand, or lay it on the ground when I get to where I want to be.

I've really enjoyed having a nice camera for my fishing and hunting trips. There's soo many sights that you just can't explain to people. Pictures make it a littel easier.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:12 PM

Default 2x converter

Buckeyetrouter, I have really considered getting a 2x converter as well as a nice, lightweight tripod. It sure would have been nice for these bear pictures from a local WMA.

I saw 6 different bears on this trip and had much better pictures, but my house was broken into before I downloaded all my pictures (over 400) and one of the things they stole was the camera. Long story short. They got caught a week later breaking in someone elses house. Police got camera back, but not until after they formatted the disk.

Told wife I'd be home at 4:30, I'm late. Hope to see some other pictures when I get back to the office in the morning.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to sammcdonald Send a message via Yahoo to sammcdonald

i have 2 tamron 100-300AF and a manual 400 (and a doubler) which i use on a km maxxum 7d (6.2 slr) and a sony alpha (10.2 slr). i use a minolta 70-210 primarily on the sony. the tamron is a good glass older lens...some good tamron and some cheaper ones.
for using the doublers and making the lenses absurdly long, you gotta have it on a 'pod or a cornbag to keep it steady....over about 300 the shots get more and more fuzzy unless properly stabilized.

Last edited by sammcdonald; 02-28-2008 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: added comments
Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 PM

Amen on the tripod....I have a decent one right now and that is how I shot the lunar eclipse but am concidering a carbon fiber unit with a much better head......

Sam what is your experience with tripods ? ? ?

Buzz....Sam is right that you would have to use the tripod when the 2x and 300mm lense is used, you will probably have to go to manual focus also......

buckeyetrouter

shot with Nikor 70-300mm lense on 2x teleconverter, manual focus on tripod and using the timer

Jeremiah 29:13
Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to sammcdonald Send a message via Yahoo to sammcdonald

i use a very lightweight and inexpensive 'pod........i shoot more wild life and the corn bag is quicker and more versitle............plus sometimes i walk 10-12 miles and a light 'pod is a must.....2 cams, 1 'pod, liter of water, extra batteries, cliff bars, ..... matches , knife, TP....it all adds up
Old 02-28-2008, 08:26 PM

My 4 month old aussie.

Nikon D40 with kit lens.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Awww....doghaircaddis!

I have puppy love over that one! What a darling dog! The two different colored eyes are just stunning.

Paula
Old 02-28-2008, 11:29 PM

Thanks Paula. He certainly is a great dog....incredibly smart.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:53 AM

I've been into the photography awhile now and just enjoy getting out with the camera each day for awhile. I started with a digital rebel and went to the 30D, I now have a Canon 40D. I just bought my first L lense, a 70-200 f/4 image stabilizer. I've also got the 28-135 IS and a 50mm f/1.8. I think my next one is going to be an ultra wide, maybe a 10-22. I'm glad you started this category, it'll be fun to talk "shop" and get ideas.--Bran
Old 02-29-2008, 10:34 AM

Default Thanks Buzz

Hey I like Lucy. That stinks about the chewing thing. I bought this no-chew spray to put on the wooden furniture and things that he may think are chew toys. Once he got the taste in his mouth it broke him from chewing things. I don't know what is so bad about it though. Of course I had to try it on myself first. I try everything before I give it to him. Food, treats, spray. I think it is only fair. It must just have a bad taste to canines. It is worth a shot if she is still chewing things though.