PDA

View Full Version : Kayak trailer

HomeB4Dark
10-02-2015, 03:19 PM
Guys I've just bought a 2015 Jackson Kayak Big Rig. It's 37 inches wide and weighs 98 lbs empty so it's heavy. My fly fishing buddy is buying the exact same one today. That said I am looking for recommendations on a kayak trailer that can handle 2 wide kayaks like these and be suitable to run down say to the Florida Keys to fish. Any suggestions? Thanks. Harry Crabtree

lexfly
10-05-2015, 12:57 PM
I don't have a trailer but am looking into getting one on Craigs List and then modifying it to my needs. If you haven't already done so, take a look at the forum section of http://www.yakangler.com/. I get a lot of info on kayak fishing from there.

Rog 1
10-28-2015, 11:16 AM
Check out the Malone trailers on Austin Canoe and Kayak website....I have a Wilderness Ride about the same size as yours and the trailers will hold two of them and travel very well.

flyman01
10-28-2015, 01:23 PM
One of my close friends purchased a utility trailer from Lowe's for about $400. He made some modifications using marine grade plywood mounted and hinged on the top with some all weather carpet on top of the plywood. He also mounted some U-Bolts on the parameter of the cover to use as tie downs. He takes that out west every year with his Catcher Craft raft mounted on it and with the hinged door allows for a ton of storage under the raft inside the trailer. There was one trip we place my two colorado personal pontoons on top of his raft, all were fully inflated, we tied them down and hauled them from Cincy to Reliance Tn without a single issue; it worked great. Just another thing you can consider doing.