Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Update on rubber sole wading boots

Just to throw in my 2 pennies here...I've used felt and that gives me the best traction,but I had to try the Simms rubber "stream sole 360 degree traction" whatever and slipped as much as if I had on my jungle boots.
    Felt for me......and I'd like to see a rubber beaver also.

Going to chime in again. Everything that comes into contact with water would need to be cleaned. How many out there clean their car or truck after launching a raft or driftboat? I'm thinking that evasives could live in a wet environment on a launch site until dried out. So many things to consider in this discussion. I know of a flyangler who wears inexpensive aqua shoes and does quite well on wet rocks. I have watched him and he is very careful. BTW, no one has mentioned the use of a wading staff. I have a collapsible staff that has saved my posterior more than felt soles. Don't wade anywhere without it.

Here is a link that I found very interesting. It give some reason why felt is being attacked. Check it out. http://www.cleanangler.org

Someone else had said earlier on this thread that the push for non-felt was being driven by certain boot manufacturers & retailers.

Bill

I'm against this felt ban. TU and the others who is backing this is panicking and it's only going to get worse. Anyone else tired of all the hype? Let's see,swine flu, bird flu, whirling disease,
    west Nile, etc, etc, and now lead ban. I think the younger generations (and some older ones) have it all figured out, Virtual fishing through the internet and various online games. No need to leave the house anymore, now If I could find that darned pc game Trophy Rivers Circa 1997 and I can sell my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by tennswede View Post
    ...... now If I could find that darned pc game Trophy Rivers Circa 1997 and I can sell my gear.
    Let me know if you find that video game, I might be interested in some of your gear.

Fished the upper North Fork of the Payette yesterday..... with my Simms rubber sole boots...BUT for the first time with 18 star cleats added.......Big difference....much better....still need to give the nod to felt...but I was surprised by the improvement with the star studs.
    LittleRiverMike

This from the cleanangler.org site:
    CLEAN

Thoroughly clean your equipment with water and a brush to remove any attached materials

How do you brush a #20 Griffith's Gnat or a #18 bhpt?
    The only way to thoroughly clean anything with algae clinging to it is to soak it in something strong.

See post #53 in this thread. .........use bio-degradable soap to clean your gear.
    LittleRiverMike