Thread: Streamer Fishing a new tailwater with a Great Guide and Forum Member

Default Streamer Fishing a new tailwater with a Great Guide and Forum Member

David Knapp, I would like to say Thank You for being the first of many that took me fishing 2 years ago while inquiring as a greenie on this board. The double nymphing without an indicator was priceless. Here are a couple of pics from that day in a hard rain. If you look close you can see my fish in hand.

David and his.

Fast Forward 2 years and today I had the opportunity to meet David shortly after daylight at the boat ramp for a day of focused streamer fishing. Weather on the plateau was much cooler than the Knoxville area. Thankfully the action heated us up pretty quickly with a mix of Rainbows and Browns.

David with a nice Rainbow and Brown Trout.

David, you were a Good Guide 2 years ago and definitely a Great One today.

Thank You,

Breck

P. S., If you have the opportunity to fish with one of several Great Guides on this forum.....take advantage. I have and it's helped my fishing immensely.

Breck looks like a great day on the water! Nice props for the guides, we have at least 5 guides who have donated guided trips for the Troutfest auction this Friday night. If anyone has been wanting to fish with a guide and maybe at a great price to boot here's your chance! Check the link below and thanks to Breck for his continued support for our local guides.
    Last edited by bigsur; 04-24-2014 at 09:53 AM. Reason: TENNESSEE HILLBILLY SPELLIN
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Thumbs up

Breck, I second you on promoting our local/regional talent! David is a fabulous forum member and ambassador for our sport! I will always support, help, and recommend these type of people!
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Talking

Thanks for keeping the good stream of posts coming

It's great to get out and learn a new place to fish, and who could ask for better company than David. While I have only met him briefly twice, it is obvious to everyone that this Young man is just a Natural.

And while missing the Big One can be a disappointment, it does give you a reason to go back
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Thanks for a great day out on the water Breck! Floating, catching up with friends, and tossing streamers are a tough combination to beat. Let me know when you need someone to row again!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Great report and pics! David is certainly a gifted fly fisherman and a great teacher- top-shelf all around.

He sure is. He came over and spoke to our club last week, and response was universally positive. I rec'd a lot of positive feedback and hopefully he did too.

steve
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau