Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by g022271 View Post
    Shawn. ...tried to text you earlier. ...but your number must've changed. .If you would, send me an email with the info regarding your neighbor to memcconk@gmail.com.
    Troutman. ...Please send me the info for your boat to the email mentioned above. That is a good looking boat.
    Thanks. Mike
    Mike,
    Just sent you an email with details! Keep me updated...

BTW; check out this sweet trolling motor-saltwater quality too and 24v at 86lbs thrust...
    http://www.amazon.com/Newport-Vessel...8901317&sr=1-4
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Hey Shawn, what kind of battery do u use. I'm getting pretty tired of having to buy a new trolling motor battery every year and a half or so. I don't even run them that hard , but deep cycle batteries seem to be way too expensive or won't charge up after a few uses.
    You can't stay dry and one temperature all your life! ROB

Check out towee boats. I have one and they are great.

Nothing is as stable as a wide flat bottom John .and nothing will run these river like a jet. Towee boats are not stable . I owned one for couple months . My agility suffers now that I am in my 70's . I would suggest low decks in what ever you get a drift boat has good bit of stability . NO PERFECT BOAT HAS EVER BEEN BUILT YET always trade off .

Rob, See Byron's April 13, 2015 fishing report where he discusses his experience with Optima AGM batteries.
    "Here fishy fishy."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Johnson View Post
    Hey Shawn, what kind of battery do u use. I'm getting pretty tired of having to buy a new trolling motor battery every year and a half or so. I don't even run them that hard , but deep cycle batteries seem to be way too expensive or won't charge up after a few uses.
    Rob,
    You are fighting a losing battle if you are using a starting battery. Their cells are too thin and are not designed for the sustained pull of a trolling motor. This will result in a performance curve that steps out and drops off immensely within a short amount of time.

A deep cycle will give you a sustained performance curve through the first 3/4's of the batteries power cycle. I use a Walmart Evermaxx(sp?) deep cycle battery. It works well enough for my needs. I use it about 50-75 times a year and get it down to about 50% each use. I try to get it back on charge that night and I typically dump 15amps in it for next morning use. If you have more time; 5amp it back to normal and put a battery maintainer on it. Also, check the water level if you suspect it could have tipped over or leaked out-use only distilled water to top off.

Quote Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
    Nothing is as stable as a wide flat bottom John .and nothing will run these river like a jet. Towee boats are not stable . I owned one for couple months . My agility suffers now that I am in my 70's . I would suggest low decks in what ever you get a drift boat has good bit of stability . NO PERFECT BOAT HAS EVER BEEN BUILT YET always trade off .
    I would stay away from the rectangular shaped flat bottom john boats. They are death traps on tailwaters with any kind of flow. Semi-V to flat are very good and primarily what I recommend.

Good:

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by MadisonBoats; 04-23-2015 at 06:27 PM.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    power

Default nice fixer-upper

I saw this boat the other day on my way to work and stopped today to check it out. The boat looks sound, the rivets looks good , but you would want to water check them. It will need a new transom and replace the other wood pieces. The seats are aluminum , so no need to replace them. The trailer looks good, but will probably need new wood on the bunks and carpet. I would go ahead and replace the tires and bearings.
    I really liked the lines of the boat. It looks fast! maybe its the slight upward rake of the bow . The pawn shop has an asking price of $1150. a little high , but it would make a great safe project fishing boat, and with a 10hp motor and a trolling motor added, you have got a really nice boat. I dont know the brand of the or if they had a motor to go with it. The sales tag said "arkansas traveler" stk# 201500121
    I will leave these picts up for about 6 months before I delete them off my photobucket.

Sevier Pawn @ Hwy 66 Sevierville

And yes, That is a pink speedboat in the background!

That is a great looking boat, but priced way too high. A fair price for that boat without a motor should be $500 and under. I would basically remove every snag attachment on it and add a front cover for a stripping area with a anchor davit. The best place to find these types of boats is back roads and a little gumption to walk up and ask if they would sell it.
    power

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but it looks like a pretty good deal. http://tennesseeanglers.com/forums/t...boat-for-sale/
    don't go ninja'n anybody don't need ninja'n

Email Punk

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
    Rob,
    You are fighting a losing battle if you are using a starting battery. Their cells are too thin and are not designed for the sustained pull of a trolling motor. This will result in a performance curve that steps out and drops off immensely within a short amount of time.

A deep cycle will give you a sustained performance curve through the first 3/4's of the batteries power cycle. I use a Walmart Evermaxx(sp?) deep cycle battery. It works well enough for my needs. I use it about 50-75 times a year and get it down to about 50% each use. I try to get it back on charge that night and I typically dump 15amps in it for next morning use. If you have more time; 5amp it back to normal and put a battery maintainer on it. Also, check the water level if you suspect it could have tipped over or leaked out-use only distilled water to top off.

I would stay away from the rectangular shaped flat bottom john boats. They are death traps on tailwaters with any kind of flow. Semi-V to flat are very good and primarily what I recommend.

Good:

I hope this helps!

Shawn
    All you need to do is use google or go to you tube. I bet you never see a Semi V riveted with rounded Chines on a boat running the river . Never recommended ,