Thread: It's a small world

Default It's a small world

Today I recieved a call regarding my Tegris kayak being for sale. The caller was fairly adamant about driving over from Western VA this evening to make sure he got the kayak. I'd had 2 of them for sale for several weeks, but, I didn't mind. Nothing else planned anyway. Well, when he got here, it took 20 minutes for conversation to turn from 'yaks to fly fishing. Turns out the fellow is Dr. Kelleher, author of the Tenkara book. He pulled out an 11 foot example and cast for us in the yard and we talked fly fishing, patterns, vintage rods, and kayaks for a while on after dark. He loaded the Tegris and I watched him pull out headed back to the Blue Ridge down west of Roanoke. I hope our paths cross again, maybe on a blue line in the Smokies some day. An interesting evening for sure!!
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.

Bran,
    While on a Blue Line with my son who was 9 at the time, we became aware a couple of gentleman who were brothers had been watching us fish. After speaking with them my son was able to converse and find out they knew his entire family very well.

As we walked through the woods after a great day, I stated "It's a small world when you can meet people like that in the middle of no where." He iced it by saying, "ya dad, you just have to get out in this world to find out how small it is"!!!!!

Needless to tell you the smile I had that afternoon on walk out.

I hope this finds you and yours well. Merry Christmas my friend!!!

Breck

Quote Originally Posted by Bran View Post
    Today I recieved a call regarding my Tegris kayak being for sale. The caller was fairly adamant about driving over from Western VA this evening to make sure he got the kayak. I'd had 2 of them for sale for several weeks, but, I didn't mind. Nothing else planned anyway. Well, when he got here, it took 20 minutes for conversation to turn from 'yaks to fly fishing. Turns out the fellow is Dr. Kelleher, author of the Tenkara book. He pulled out an 11 foot example and cast for us in the yard and we talked fly fishing, patterns, vintage rods, and kayaks for a while on after dark. He loaded the Tegris and I watched him pull out headed back to the Blue Ridge down west of Roanoke. I hope our paths cross again, maybe on a blue line in the Smokies some day. An interesting evening for sure!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    Bran,
    While on a Blue Line with my son who was 9 at the time, we became aware a couple of gentleman who were brothers had been watching us fish. After speaking with them my son was able to converse and find out they knew his entire family very well.

As we walked through the woods after a great day, I stated "It's a small world when you can meet people like that in the middle of no where." He iced it by saying, "ya dad, you just have to get out in this world to find out how small it is"!!!!!

Needless to tell you the smile I had that afternoon on walk out.

I hope this finds you and yours well. Merry Christmas my friend!!!

Breck
    This aspect of fly fishing is probably one of my most greatest joys! It took some years of self reflection to adjust my personality and learn to be more open and inviting to others! Now; I am so fortunate to have taken on this personal challenge. I have met some wonderful people fly fishing and I have memories and joys I never thought about....

Thanks for the poignant reminder and kindred stories fellas....
    Last edited by MadisonBoats; 12-23-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Merry Christmas guys!! Thanks for sharing, it's those thoughts that keep us comforted and contented when we can't get to the water.

Brian,

Was the Tegris kayak you sold the Ultimate?

It was the Tegris Ultimate 12. I still have the poly Ultimate 12 for sale. It's a little heavier and thus even more stable but the exact same hull design.