Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seven Shades of Blue – Trout Distribution

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmcmanus View Post
    I didn't realize there was a giant crop circle with a big "c" in it in the middle of the park. I learn something new everyday. There really are aliens among us.
    This should permanently silence the skeptics from claiming a few pranksters with wood planks and string make the crop circles.

Your and Buzz's parents should have taught you to go indoors during crop dusting.
    “Joe” Fred Turner

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    I took all the appropriate layers that a backcountry fisherman may want from the park service data and made a custom map. I think this is the best way of dreaming up Smokies adventures

Hope some of you like it

http://arcg.is/1FQ6MgW
    JoeFred and Ducky - those are really cool. Great resources. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    I took all the appropriate layers that a backcountry fisherman may want from the park service data and made a custom map. I think this is the best way of dreaming up Smokies adventures

Hope some of you like it

http://arcg.is/1FQ6MgW
    ducky, or anybody who may have the desktop install of ArcGIS, or the pro version-

could somebody be so kind as to export one or some of these awesome layers to a KML for me?

I have been working on something for Garmin devices in ArcGIS Pro. Still in progress.

I have a GREAT map that works well in the Avenza Pdf map app (free for your iphone) the iphone does work OK in the park with its internal GPS. Have had some areas where I got no GPS signal, but pretty good in a lot of remote places even without any cellular access.

Quote Originally Posted by NDuncan View Post
    I have been working on something for Garmin devices in ArcGIS Pro. Still in progress.

I have a GREAT map that works well in the Avenza Pdf map app (free for your iphone) the iphone does work OK in the park with its internal GPS. Have had some areas where I got no GPS signal, but pretty good in a lot of remote places even without any cellular access.
    I'm a heavy Google user, and have been building some custom Google maps for fishing and camping. I'm trying to get a KML of this map so I could easily import into Google MyMaps.

Ok that's good to know. I have exported from Arcgis to google earth format. That's actually a million times easier than to Garmin anyways. The map still needs to work with labeling and fonts and colors to be asthetically better.

Quote Originally Posted by NDuncan View Post
    Ok that's good to know. I have exported from Arcgis to google earth format. That's actually a million times easier than to Garmin anyways. The map still needs to work with labeling and fonts and colors to be asthetically better.
    If you could email me a KML that would be amazing- crawdiddychris at gmail dot com

Your devices will ultimately fail you! Go paper

Quote Originally Posted by elkhaircaddis View Post
    Your devices will ultimately fail you! Go paper
    haha I know, I know.
    I have the NatGeo topo maps for all of N GA, the park, and Nantahala Gorge. I like to have the digital maps for quicker/easier planning and research. I do recognize that they are of limited use or value when you are deep in the woods.